We are seeking to add an Assay Development Program Manager to our dynamic and rapidly expanding team. This position will be located at our San Francisco office. As an Assay Development Program Manager you will play a key role in driving expansion of our genomic platform capabilities. We work with teams across the company to build and optimize lab, bioinformatics, and software solutions that work seamlessly to deliver genomic insight to patients at scale.
What you will do:
* Launching a new genetic test is complicated. We provide expertise and work cross-functionally with the lab, bioinformaticians, clinical scientists, software engineers, and automation engineers to make this happen.
* When we design a new product or improve our automated lab workflows, we work collaboratively to create a solution. This process involves synthesizing input from a range of stakeholders to define the core feature set and designing any needed software tools.
* Design is the beginning of the process but our job doesn't end there. We participate in evaluation, quality testing, and internal support of lab processes and software used to create these genetic tests.
* Our mission is to bring high quality genetic information into mainstream medical care. We are therefore constantly looking for opportunities to improve operational efficiency.
Who you are:
* A deep knowledge of human genetics, molecular biology, and a solid understanding of laboratory techniques especially NGS (PhD, MS or equivalent experience)
* Excellent communication and teamwork skills - including the ability to map out components of a project and create an estimated timeline for the work
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish solid relationships and elicit cooperation from a variety of stakeholders
* Exceptional analytical and strategic problem-solving skills
* The ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic environment. Flexible to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines; able to promptly and efficiently react to project adjustments and changes
* The ability to synthesize and integrate information from multiple sources, make a decision and develop & execute a plan a must
* Exquisite attention to detail and organization
* Experience working in cross-functional teams, especially with software engineers, bioinformaticians and scientists
* Plus: Experience managing molecular diagnostic assay / genetic test development and validation projects under design control and in compliance with CAP/CLIA and/or FDA regulations is a plus
* Plus: Familiarity with agile processes
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
InVitae provides genetic diagnostics for hereditary disorders.