Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Aruba Security Resident Engineer with Strong Aruba Product Experience
Aruba Security Resident Engineer
The Aruba Security Resident Engineer role and responsibilities are primarily focused upon providing ongoing technical support and consulting services to HPE-Aruba customers around Aruba security products and solutions.
* Provide Pre-Service and some Post-Deployment technical support. Pre-Service responsibilities are to team with the customer's network and security teams to assist in the scale-up of proof of concept or pilot configurations to customer production security platform, integrate the secure Aruba edge network solution with customer enterprise secure network posture, help verify and validate customer security policies on the new Aruba secure network solution, design and help configure Aruba security analytics and management solutions as part of the customer's network security posture, and integrate Aruba network security management elements into the customer's security operational support system.
* Actively seek to education and expand customer Aruba technical expertise through informal workshops, coaching sessions, design reviews, and documentation for customer use
* Provide expertise in troubleshooting Aruba product issues and interoperability issues with other security and network vendors used in the customers' enterprise infrastructure.
Aruba Security Resident Engineer Challenges
* Ability to integrate as part and be accepted as part of the customer security engineering and operations team
* Ability to quickly assess and analyze pertinent data points in order to focus getting to root cause on customer issues with Aruba security products
* Ability to continuously educate and expand the technical expertise of the customer
* Team with the HPE-Aruba Sales Team and Aruba product development teams, and to facilitate their engagement with the customer
* Ability to operate inter-dependently with a diverse realm of personnel to draw expertise in problem-solving
* Maintain a sense of mission and focus on results that bring value to the customer
* At least 7-10 years practical Layer 2 and Layer 3 internetworking and at least 3-5 years practical hands on Aruba WLAN and 802.11 experience and expertise.
* At least 3-5 years practical and current hands on expertise and experience as a cyber security practitioner.
* At least 1-2 years practical experience and expertise working in a network security operations role as a cyber security analyst and/or engineer.
* Four-year college or university degree or equivalent training and certification.
* Ability to design, deploy and troubleshoot IP and wireless networks; which includes enterprise IP networking, IP network security, authentication, certificates, remote access, network access controls, and IP network management
* Experience in trouble isolation and remediation at layers 1-4 (IP, MAC, RF, and some application level).
* Experience and understanding of current network security architectures and policy design; mobile networking, and cloud networking.
* Experience in consulting network engineer role, preferred.
* Good communications skills, both oral and written.
* Project management experience/skills/background, a plus
* Experience working in customer technical support roles; assessing and triage of troubles, managing trouble tickets, and trouble resolution.
* Ability to be on-site at customer premises regularly.
* Experience in addressing multi-variable trouble environments
* Methodical approach to trouble resolution
* Comfortable with non-standard work schedule.
Preferred Experience and Expertise
* Aruba certifications (ACCP, ACMP, ACCX, ACMX)
* Industry Security certifications (GIAC or CISSP)
* Ekahau™ Survey PRO and Spectrum Analyzer
* Protocol analysis- TCP/IP stack and PCAP
* LINUX, Python, Hadoop
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise operates as a technology company.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise