Genentech's Early Clinical Development (ECD) department is seeking an Artificial Intelligence (AI) Senior Scientist reporting to the AI Team Lead. The ECD AI group breaks new ground in Clinical Science, Deep Learning Discoveries and Novel Trial Design, planning and predictive tools. The role will require cross-functional interactions and collaborations with early research in discovery chemistry (CADD) and DMPK. The AI Sr. Scientist will act as a key advisor and influencer and be required to both establish and apply new AI methods to specific problem domains within various functions.
The AI Sr. Scientist will primarily be responsible for the development and the deployment of deep learning methods in early research and early clinical development, which significantly contribute to the advancement of Genentech's drug development pipeline.
* Lead key AI pilots to ensure successful completion and develop plans to integrate capabilities into the normal early clinical development process
* Influence the development of gRED's overall AI objectives and long-range goals
* Development of new and novel Deep learning methods for reinforcement, learning, knowledge transfer and generative methods
* Application of deep learning methods to problems and support in clinical studies as well as early discovery and research
* Develop the software tools and library for application of deep learning methods, and train other colleagues within gRED and cross-Roche to develop and use the tools in their applications
* Development of deep learning methods for adverse event prediction
* Possess in-depth knowledge of multiple real-world data assets and share information about these data to business partners and the ECDi team.
* Experience (7+ years) and a proven track record in software engineering, repositories and track record of contribution to deep learning projects
* Recognized as a thought leader in artificial intelligence and machine learning
* Python, Tensorflow, Scikit Learn, C++ PyTorch, DeepChem,
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to lead large and complex cross-functional multi-disciplinary teams or strategic corporate initiatives
* Able to work in teams and collaborate with others to solve the most challenging business problems
* Deep Chem, RDKit, SPARQL, and SQL are a plus
* Ph.D. in Artificial Intelligence and machine learning with particular emphasis on molecular property prediction
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.