FA - Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
Job ID: JR1814062 Artificial Intelligence Product UX & Design
We're building an AI FinTech startup with corporate firepower.
The Investments AI team develops custom products for the arm of AIG responsible for managing $320B in assets across the globe. The team is focused on building state of the art AI products leveraging complex datasets, advanced AI and ML modeling and cutting edge technical development work to create a suite of proprietary tools for internal teams.
This role sits at the center of end to end product development in the New York headquarters and represets a ground-floor opportunity for someone who wants to help build a product design org focused on AI software development.
This is an opportunity to be a part of state-of-the-art research and product development; be challenged and grow as a designer of new AI products; and contributing and leading the development of game-changing products in the financial services sector.
You don't have to have AI product development experience to come help us build this team and products, but you'll have a deep understanding to take with you (and the book to prove it), if you decide to move on.
* Collaborate with Scientists, Product and Engineering teams in finding simple solutions for complex problems.
* Ownership of a significant part of the team's solution design, and rapid prototyping for a variety of platforms / devices and use cases.
* Laser-focus on the user experience and a willingness to question the status quo; keeping up with the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies and resources.
* Demonstrating end-to-end understanding of applications being created, and helping design elegant, efficient, intuitive, and delightful products.
* The ability to articulate design and UX strategy to stakeholders and cross-functional partners - with clear concepts and clean execution.
The Candidate Must Have:
* A positive attitude as we're faced with complex challenges in an emerging field with no clear playbook to emulate, so we're writing our own.
* Strong conceptual thinking while being strategically grounded.
* Thorough knowledge of Human/User Centered Design frameworks and processes within the web and mobile product development.
* Demonstrated success conceiving and conducting user research and usability testing.
* Ability to identify and present actionable research insights to business stakeholders.
* Demonstrated experience creating designs and interfaces in line with current design best practices.
* General know-how of UX and accessibility best practices, as well as prototyping skills (e.g., expertise with software for creating rapid user experience wireframes and prototypes).
* Understanding of the web development process.
* Experience being part of a product development team and working in multiple work streams.
* Well accustomed to Agile working methods based on fast iteration and validation cycles.
* Ability to communicate design concepts/ decisions in a convincing and clear way.
The Ideal Candidate Would Also Have:
* Experience in creation of style guides for use by others.
* Familiarity with tools for creation of animations for web.
* Ability to visualise AI and data-heavy information.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
American International Group (AIG) is a global insurance company.