Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta has a need for a Business Development Executive in Herndon, Va. This BDE will support PEO EIS (main) as well as the National Guard Bureau, Corps of Engineers, and other NCR components. This is a critical position on Perspecta's Army BD team.
* Develop and maintain a pipeline of opportunities to qualify, pursue, and win. Keep pipeline up to date in CRM system of record to reflect current information
* Drive opportunity qualification and risk assessment
* Manage opportunities through the Gate review process in coordination with Business Development VP
* Work closely with the pursuit team and account team to understand the scope of the opportunity in order to provide requisite analysis/information and recommendations to the pursuit and account teams.
* Execute call plan in support of pipeline
* Represent the company to teaming partners and suppliers in support of opportunities
* Responsible for validating/endorsing the technical solution for the opportunity.
* Responsible for assembling all required resources/skills to develop proposal, pursue and win opportunities
* Works with delivery to assure that solution design can be properly delivered.
* Develops deal timeline and ensures that pursuit team meets deal milestones and deadlines.
* Leads pursuit team in developing and substantiating a winning value proposition that meets the needs of the customer, including analyzing critical business drivers and risks.
* Opportunities can be local, CONUS, or OCONUS.
* Assess and quantify risk for major, high-stakes projects and programs.
* Make decisions on program staffing resource planning to include identification of Key Personnel.
* Close opportunities on established timelines to support the Army Account
* Frequently represents the organization to other businesses within the company and to external customers/clients.
* Acts as subject matter expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies.
* Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods.
Education and Experience Required:
* Typically 12+ years directly related experience in business development
* University or Bachelor's degree; advanced University degree preferable.
* Demonstrate business, technical, or functional knowledge at the mastery level, as well as administration or operations knowledge.
* Ability to learn Perspecta offerings and position with the client
* Experience with the Army client required
Knowledge and Skills Required:
* High level of Army knowledge.
* US Government Secret Security Clearance or higher (preferable)
* Business/financial management expertise.
* Acts as a Strategic Partner, Trusted Advisor.
* Familiarity with project management methodologies.
* Leadership skills in directing pursuit and/or delivery teams.
* Highly developed consultative approach, solution selling and business development skills.
* Can act as an executive sponsor for a project.
* In depth understanding and knowledge of Management of Change issues.
* Business and customer oriented team player with ability to form alliances across team.
* Proven program management skills and able to demonstrate leadership capabilities.
* Strong influencing and communication skills at a CIO level.
* Ability to cope with very high peak workloads and travel as necessary