Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here-the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That's because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn't be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don't just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Data Science and Analytics Team
Arity Data Science & Analytics combines technical knowledge in fields such as mathematics, computer programming, and data engineering with business expertise. We're passionate about learning new disciplines and techniques to deliver top-notch analytics products. Armed with billions of miles of driving data, we constantly challenge ourselves to seek out opportunities for new products and ways to make our existing offerings better. Our purpose is to extract meaning from data to make Arity's vision of safer, smarter, and more useful transportation a reality.
The Data Steward is responsible for leading complex and/or critically important projects and managing work that have Data Governance and Management impacts to the Enterprise. The role is responsible for project results in terms of costs, methods and outcomes. This role drives collaboration and influences multiple levels of leadership to execute on key deliverables.
* Proactively drives and contributes to the common vision and communication, including elevating the organizations' commitment to clean, reliable, and accurate customer and business data
* Ensures that a cross-functional view of business data is available to the enterprise
* Develop and implement processes to maintain high quality data assets
* Document and maintain metadata for critical data including ownership, definitions, taxonomies, standards, and reference data through proactive discovery, recurring SME engagement, and evaluation of current and future initiatives and capabilities
* Mentor cross-functional teams to achieve results.
* Manages data and analytic project and program execution of complex and/or critically important complexity
* Designs and implements new program solutions. May own pieces of critical project from start to finish.
* Implements change in the area of data quality and optimization
* Manages data and analytical work of complex and/or critically important complexity through a cohesive plan that outlines objectives, timelines, risks, and deliverables enabling the movement of the most important work forward
* Ability to translate technical requirements and deliverables to business capabilities to proactively communicate risks, issues and status to leadership and key stakeholders at multiple levels
* Uses influence and negotiation to convince internal or external contacts of project decisions
* Drives problem solving and issue resolution to ensure task completion by establishing priorities and resolving conflicts with team members, functional mangers and senior leaders.
* Bachelor/MBA degree required, in fields such as business, math, data architecture, library science
* 5-7 years of business experience
* Sound experience with Data Quality and/or Metadata tools such as: Informatica Data Quality/Metadata, Atlas, Infosphere
* Applies strong understanding of Data Governance, Metadata and/or Data Quality
* Possesses advanced quantitative and analytical skills
* Ability to synthesize large amounts of complex data into meaningful conclusions and recommendations
* Ability to design and lead dynamic projects that are complex and/or critically important
* Advanced ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment
* Uses sound decision making capabilities including problem solving approaches, decision frameworks; ability to support complex analysis
* Advanced skill in motivation, organization, analysis, coaching and facilitation of teamwork
* Ability to develop and/or revise tactics to support changing strategies and direction.
* Ability to structure documents to effectively communicate with senior management and drive alignment and decision making
Allstate Insurance Company provides insurance services.