Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here-the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That's because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn't be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don't just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
Our engineers are fueled by a passion to impact the future of mobility. They push the boundaries of telematics and transportation tech by creating and supporting cutting-edge products. As part of an Agile team, they are armed with the freedom to innovate and the opportunity to see projects through from start to finish. Using a variety of languages and a top-notch technology stack, our engineers make critical advances in areas like sensor technology, enterprise engineering and platform development. Our team understands what it means to collaborate and communicate in an interconnected global team, all while having trust, transparency and empathy for the end user. Which is pretty cool, if you ask us.
The Data Architect will set and provide architectural direction to support business objectives and requirements that align with roadmaps, standards, and best practices; focusing on security, design, data quality, strategies, system availability and resiliency. This position is responsible for working closely with all areas in the company and outside to ensure we are treating data as an asset.
* Develop and document data architectural solutions and recommendations for business products.
* Partner with product teams to ensure streaming integration patterns support an Event Driven Architecture.
* Participate in the definition of technical standards and guidelines that pertain to data and information-use, security, access and governance.
* Build/Extend a canonical schema for all A2A and B2B integration layers.
* Ensure existing data/information assets are identified, stewarded, governed and leveraged across the enterprise.
Technical Experiences Required
* Proven experience with designing logical / physical data modeling across a number of different data management platforms;
* Must have experience in at least two of these design models: OLTP Design, OLAP Design, Canonical Services Design, Data Lake Design;
* Skilled with data integration issues and integration patterns;
* Require at least 3 years of data architecture experience
Additional Experiences Preferred
* At least 1 year of designing at least one of the following Avro / JSON / XML file formats in a Service Oriented Architecture;
* Working experience with API Management Strategy and Tools.
* Exposure to designing and working with Metadata tools and understanding how best to implement them for company-wide adoption.
Personal Experiences Required
* Proven ability to lead multiple high priorities initiative with aggressive timelines leveraging an agile framework.
* Comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment.
* Ability to concentrate on a wide range of loosely defined complex situations, which require creativity and originality, where guidance and counsel may be unavailable.
* Demonstrated a product mindset with an ability to set forward thinking and direction.
* Excellent listening and communication skills.
* Must be able to communicate technical information clearly, able to 'translate' between diverse groups of technical and non-technical individuals.
* Ability to synthesize large amounts of complex data into meaningful conclusions and present recommendations to a vast array of individuals.
* Ability to structure documents to effectively communicate with senior leadership and drive alignment and decision making.
* Strong problem solving skills with the ability to offer why one technical solutions is more preferable than another.
* Ability to lead product discussions / meetings.
* Ability to work in a team environment in a collaborative manner.
* Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree Preferred.
Allstate Insurance Company provides insurance services.