Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here-the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That's because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn't be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don't just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Engineering Team
Our engineers are fueled by a passion to impact the future of mobility. They push the boundaries of telematics and transportation tech by creating and supporting cutting-edge products. As part of an Agile team, they are armed with the freedom to innovate and the opportunity to see projects through from start to finish. Using a variety of languages and a top-notch technology stack, our engineers make critical advances in areas like sensor technology, enterprise engineering and platform development. Our team understands what it means to collaborate and communicate in an interconnected gobal team, all while having trust, transparency and empathy for the end user. Which is pretty cool, if you ask us.
At Arity, we are utilizing cutting edge technologies (Cassandra, NiFi, Flink, Kafka, etc.) to create and deliver amazing capabilities and products. We are searching for a cloud architects who can help design, implement, and deploy our next generation analytics platform and to help us utilize our platform to deliver innovative products and solutions.
* Architect highly available and scalable systems on AWS utilizing Arity's next generation analytics platform.
* Passionate about technology, software, and the Internet of Things.
* Drive solutions and best practices by mentoring fellow architects and engineers.
* Lead the hands-on technical delivery of new services and capabilities within our analytics platform.
* Provide thought leadership in the form of public speaking and presentations.
* BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred
* 10+ years of software engineering and architect experience
* Deep understanding of cloud architectures and operations, security, automation and orchestration
* Experienced designing and deploying applications on AWS utilizing SQL and NoSQL data layer technologies.
* Experience migrating applications from traditional data center infrastructures to hybrid or fully-cloud based environments.
* Experience with Cassandra, Kafka, and NiFi
* Familiar with high-availability (HA) and failover implementations for network infrastructure and server systems
* AWS Certification is required; Certified AWS Solutions Architect is preferred.
* Familiar with continuous deployment methodology and common DevOps tools like Git and Jenkins.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills including group leadership and executive presentations.
* A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise projects.
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Able to work independently or within a team
* Organized, responsive and highly thorough problem solver
Allstate is a company operating as a personal lines property and casualty insurer.