JP Morgan Chase
Req #: 190062840
Location: New York, NY, US
Job Category: Digital
About the team:
The Digital Strategy & Fintech team works with all CIB businesses to help define their forward digital strategies, as well as implementation methods (i.e. build, buy, partner, etc.). We are thoughtful in balancing due diligence with speed to market, and creativity with discipline in order to produce best-in-class, efficient, and elegant digital solutions for ourselves and our clients.
We focus across the following pillars: (1) Defining a digital strategy across the CIB that spans opportunities for medium/ long-term differentiation, (2) Scanning the external landscape for new/ emerging technologies and companies, (3) Creating business cases and selecting an implementation and partnering plan with a business-driven mindset, (4) Building and implementing digital products and (5) Governing the implementation and providing strategic guidance on all of our digital implementation efforts, including external companies and proprietary builds, in order to drive integrations and a more seamless client experience.
About the role:
The initiative consists of small teams, each with a product designer, product manager, 3x software engineers, and strategist working with some of J.P. Morgan's most promising ideas for digital products. This cross-disciplinary team builds functional prototypes that pave the way for successful and reliable digital products. The team collaborates closely with the lines of business during development and the technology organization to implement prototypes of various potentially revenue generating products. You will be challenged daily to reimagine the future of the Corporate and Investment Bank - contributing directly to the success of innovative digital products within the firm.
* The successful candidate will be involved in the full development life cycle of analysis, design, implementation, testing and deployment of our platform.
* Design technology solutions on different scales
* Be mindful of cost / benefit analysis in everything they do
* Advise management and project managers on build or buy decisions - and will have autonomy to make these decisions within existing technical business context .
* Produce documentation for other technologists, users and support
* Develop and unit test software application modules using disciplined software development processes (Agile).
* Be involved in requirements gathering and business analysis tasks.
* Co-ordinate systems integration test with other teams
* Experience in optimizing/profiling, multithreading, and tuning
* Test driven development
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Strong organizational ability, time and project management skills to juggle many priorities.
* Previous experience on a startup environment desirable
§ Java 8
§ Bash Scripting
§ Continuous Integration/Delivery
§ Cloud Deployments
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.