United States of America - Virginia, Arlington
Alternate Locations US - Lorton, VA - 7002-I Newington Rd
AECOM is seeking an Archives Technician to facilitate the retirement of classified and unclassified records in support of the Department of State (DOS). The candidate will use his/her analytical skills to inform DOS clients of the policy and procedures for retiring records in accordance with DOS and NARA guidelines. The candidate will also use his/her skills to verify the accuracy of retirement forms, enter metadata into retired records database, and complete retired records transmittal forms. Specifically, the analyst will:
* Ensure that the retirement manifests are completed correctly, the appropriate records series is identified, and calculate retention/disposition based on that series.
* Use DOS vehicles to pick up and deliver boxes between the DOS offices (including annexes) and the RSC.
* Use DOS resources (scissor lift, pallet jacks, push carts) to shelve boxes at the RSC, re-boxing if needed, reviewing contents of the boxes against the records manifest.
* Enter data into retired records transmittal forms along with the accompanying manifest which documents box contents.
* Prepare boxes at the RSC for transfer to the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) by completing NARA transfer request forms, updating the NARA transfer tracking spreadsheet, and verifying the contents of the boxes being retired to NARA.
* Process search requests for DOS clients using the Retired Records Inventory Management System (RRIMS) database.
* Work independently and as a member of a larger tea
* A minimum of 2 years of related experience and familiarity of laws, regulations, and guidance that govern records in the federal government
* Must have demonstrated strong analytical skills, reading comprehension, attention to detail, and organizational abilities.
* Able to research information and ask questions to make informed decisions.
* Ability to correspond with government clients with professionalism and in a timely manner.
* Proper understanding of document markings and ultimately proper handling.
* Strong communication skills.
* DoD Top Secret security clearance.
* Ability to lift between 35 and 50 pounds.
* Ability to drive large vans and sedans.
* Background in warehouse and asset management.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Administrative Support / Secretarial
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 217908BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
AECOM is an engineering company that provides design, consulting, construction, and management services to governments, businesses, and organizations.