Individual contributor provides highest level of expertise for development, specification and communication of the firm's technology architecture plan, the infrastructure components required to support it, and in the integration of corporate and business area architectures. Leads multiple projects for the area. Develops innovative and effective solutions for the most diverse and most complex business problems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
* Acts as principal designer for major corporate systems architecture including applications, data, and infrastructure architectures.
* Leads and directs multiple projects managing resources and monitoring progress.
* Provides integrated systems planning and recommends new or different technologies which will enhance current systems and support overall corporate and business goals.
* Researches and evaluates new and/or alternative solutions and technologies to enhance operational effectiveness and reduce costs.
* Recommends the appropriate computer platform, work stations and communication linkage required to support distributed and client server business processes and information flows.
* Provides in-depth technical consultation to clients and IT management to ensure development of efficient application systems utilizing established standards, procedures and methodologies.
* Manages vendor relationships to maintain state of the art knowledge in emerging technologies and to develop image as a leading corporation utilizing the latest thinking in technology.
* Stays up to date on trends and developments within functional area of expertise and the insurance industry.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
* Sound fundamentals in computer engineering / computer science
* Expert knowledge of design and implementation of cloud-native architecture, n-tier architecture and integration patterns
* A senior level knowledge of the system development life cycle, and system and application program development technological alternatives and architecture methodologies for multi-platform environments.
* Must have hands-on-keyboard knowledge of cloud constructs - Containerization, Docker, Kubernetes, VPCs, Networking, Cloud Security, Object Storage, Event-Based Architecture, Anonymous functions, Cloud Database Services (CloudSQL, RDS)
* Must have experience working on or closely with the DevSecOps function in an agile environment
* Excellent communication and interpersonal and consultative skills to work effectively with vendors, clients, peers, and IT management and staff.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to lead scrum-teams on projects.
* Comfortable with Office Productivity software (MS-Office, GSuite, iWork)
Education & Experience
* Advanced degree in Computer Science, or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
Typically a minimum of nine years of solid, diverse work experience in IT including experience with systems architecture methodologies.
* Experience working in the insurance industry
* Previous project leadership experience is desirable.
* Applicable certifications preferred
About Cna Insurance
CNA Financial Corporation is an insurance holding company, which provides a variety of customers, including small, medium and large businesses, associations, professionals, and individuals with a range of insurance and risk management products and services.