Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle's Exadata software product development team is seeking a passionate systems software engineer to work on cloud initiatives in the Exadata product team.
Oracle Exadata technology is the backbone of Oracle's PAAS and SAAS cloud. It is also the most dominant cloud at customer product from Oracle. Exadata provides a distributed, scalable, fault-tolerant, highly available, database aware, intelligent storage that can perform Database offload operations. It has the highest level of visibility inside Oracle.
Our team builds the distributed storage infrastructure software and then tightly integrates it with the Oracle database. We are currently working on making this infrastructure cloud scale.
* Take a leadership role in incorporating new features into the Exadata product - tailored to the Oracle Public Cloud.
* Roughly 80-95% hands-on coding and feature design
* Design and implement parallel, distributed software which is highly secure, scalable, available, fault tolerant in the presence of software and hardware component failures.
* Design and implement features that optimally exploit new evolving hardware technologies in both the server and storage domain.
* Work in a fast paced, rapidly growing team.
* Bachelors/Masters/PhD in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
* 8 years of system software development experience
* Strong knowledge of cloud storage products
* Motivation/expertise to debug complex system problems
* C/C expertise
* Distributed systems expertise
* Storage experience is a plus
Oracle is a computer technology corporation developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products.