This is a functional architect role that will work closely with functional and technical architects, business systems analysts, and developers to design and implement solutions that are flexible, scalable and reusable while meeting the business needs in timely manner. The Architect will be responsible for providing business processes and technical guidance as well as ensuring that technical teams are following standards while implementing new projects and/or enhancements. The Architect will report into the IT Global Shared Services team supporting enterprise applications.
* Drive innovation, concept assessments and industry benchmarking analysis, maintaining up to date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies and software development best practices.
* Create end-to-end business process, system and data maps for Procure-to-Pay, Accounting to Financial Reporting, and Requisition to Retire mega processes.
* Ensure the solution (people, process and technology) meets the program and/or project objectives and is aligned with business and IT strategic direction.
* Create and maintain overall Enterprise Architecture Landscape for HR, Legal, Finance, and Compliance applications.
* Lead the Requirements Definition Process for assigned work to business system analysts to produce, analyze, specify and communicate business, system and implementation requirements.
* Work with stakeholders to prioritize requirements effectively based on business value, risks and constraints.
* Develop and work with report engines, applications, workflows, business functions and web services.
* Design and perform unit testing to ensure systems and code work as expected.
* Troubleshoot technical issues and provide solutions and bug fixes in various systems using various tools and information such as server logs and report debug logs.
* Mentor and train business systems analysts and end users.
* Lead efforts to reengineer and optimize business processes and systems by assessing business needs and developing, proposing and implementing technology solution options.
* Create and maintain enterprise application roadmap and strategy and partner with executive stakeholders on the execution.
* Empower users and super-users (by training and performing knowledge transfer) to leverage IT systems for business process automation and optimization.
* Work with project leads to develop requirements work plans, identify task dependencies, develop estimates and determine resource skill requirements; support risk management and change management activities.
* Effectively identify and manage requirements conflicts and issues to resolution.
* Measure and track quality of business systems analysis work.
* Ensure the test strategy and test plans adequately cover the requirements.
* Simultaneously support multiple initiatives as assigned.
* Int'l travel up to 10% as related to assignment
* A Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Business, MIS or other related field is required.
* A minimum of 10 years of IT experience, with 8 years of experience as an Enterprise Architect working with cross-functional teams (within IT and/or within the business) on enterprise level, or complex system implementations is required.
* Must have a minimum of 8 years of experience in Enterprise Architecture and strategy including Applications, Infrastructure, and Data within a complex, matrixed and global business environment.
* Experience working with HR, Legal, Compliance and Corporate Services applications.
* TOGAF Certification required.
* Demonstrated and proven track record of implementing and leading RPA (Robotics Process Automation)
* Experience with Agile framework and DevOps is preferred.
* Experience implementing and maintaining SDLC policies, standards, processes, procedures, methodologies, lifecycles, and training other junior resources such as BSAs.
* Ability to manage own workload and oversee on-time delivery of others in the group.
* Extensive experience supporting evolving business needs on time by delivering on commitments.
* Experience with integrating SaaS solutions and enterprise applications with JD-Edwards.
* Prior experience working in the Medical / Pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
* Prior experience working and supporting compliance systems such as HCP is preferred.
* Experience with Good Manufacturing/Good Documentation Practices (GxP) processes is preferred.
* Prefer experience with FDA guidelines for Software Quality and Systems Validation is a plus.
* Six-Sigma / Green Belt certification is strongly preferred.
About Edwards Lifesciences
Edwards Lifesciences is a company operating as a global provider of patient-focused medical solutions for structural heart disease and critical care monitoring.