Amobee is a technology company that transforms the way brands and agencies make marketing decisions. The Amobee Marketing Platform enables marketers to plan and activate cross channel, programmatic media campaigns using real-time market research, proprietary audience data, advanced analytics, and more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter. Amobee is a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest communications technology companies in the world which reaches over 640 million mobile subscribers. The company operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee
We're changing the way the world thinks about online advertising and we are looking for talented engineers to join the Platform team and help us take it to the next level. Amobee's Platform team develops all distributed and big data systems and applications to efficiently run Amobee's online advertisement, data management, and analytics platforms.
Are you passionate about designing and building scaled, distributed services with low latency messaging and high availability/fault tolerance? Do you think processing 200 billion requests in under 10ms every day with 1500 servers is an interesting challenge? Are you ready to join a world-class, highly cooperative engineering team? If your answers are yes, then you are the person we're looking for.
The Software Architect position in Amobee's Distributed Systems team is a combined architectural design, technical leadership, and hands-on development role that contributes to Amobee's success through expertise in large-scale distributed system. You will leverage matured existing systems to help design and create the next generation service architecture. Qualified individuals will have a solid background in the fundamentals of computer science, software system architecture and design, development process and best practices, distributed computing, and high availability.
Because we are a small team, your ability to communicate technical ideas effectively, in oral and written forms, and solve complex problems in a team environment will also be considered.
* Help define the vision of our next generation platform architecture.
* Lead and drive cross-team/org platform-level initiatives and projects.
* Discover opportunities in integrated/converged platforms, systems and resources, and lead to realize it.
* Collaborate in design and implementation of our next-generation service oriented architecture stack that will power all services in our ecosystem.
* Design and implement features evolving our online advertising product offerings.
* Scale up and tune our ad serving pipeline for better performance, reliability, and throughput. Challenges come in the form of concurrency, data scale, extremely low latency requirement, and computational efficiency.
* Troubleshoot critical production issues and provide technical insights.
* 8+ years of hands-on experience in large-scale (distributed) system architecture, complex software design, high scalability and availability, optimization, etc.
* Extensive experience with technical leadership, defining visions/solutions and collaborating/driving to see them to completion.
* Strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills.
* A degree in Computer Science (preferred) or related engineering field. MS/PhD preferred.
* Experience with Java or C++ is a must.
* Proven skills in performance tuning, monitoring and measuring.
* Solid understanding and working knowledge of Unix operating systems, networking, and scaling techniques.
* Knowledge in big data and cloud technologies is a strong plus.
* Experience with related open source technologies such as Tomcat, Zookeeper, Kafka, Netty, RocksDB, etc. is a plus.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
Location: Redwood City, CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.
Amobee is a global digital marketing technology company.