Reports To: Manager, Data Services
Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE: FL) is a $8 Billion company with 43,000 employees worldwide and approximately 4,500 athletic retail stores in 24 countries in North America, Europe and Australia under the brand names Eastbay, Foot Locker, Lady Foot Locker, Kids Foot Locker, Footaction, Champs Sports, SIX: 02, Runners Point and Sidestep. We attribute our success to the drive and intelligence of our Associates. Operating in team-driven culture, our goals and achievements as a company are boundless!
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Sr Architect - Data Services is responsible for building and maintaining detailed architecture of the core services platform supporting ecommerce functions on foot locker's online and mobile channels. The technical architect works with the development teams to derive and implement the architecture needs addressing operational excellence. The technical architect must communicate effectively with the project/program managers to identify technical debt tasks. Works with the leadership to develop tools required for the longer term platform vision.
* Designing systems to allow for high performance and uptime
* Write well-structured code with the special attention to optimization and scalability
* Be involved in the full software development cycle which includes architecture definition, writing code, testing, participating in code review process and automating deployment procedures
* Effective code analysis and debugging
* Participate in requirements analysis and transforming them into development tasks
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
* Experience with dealing with scaling problems and consuming and processing large amounts of data
* Experience with Azure Cosmos DB (Mongo)
* Experience with Spark, Spark Streaming
* Experience with Kafka
* Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology and or equivalent work experience
* Experience with Java and its ecosystem of tooling
* Experience with Scala
* Experience with Linux, Git, Docker, in a CI environment (We can push code to production multiple time a day)
* Talking to stakeholders, analyzing requirements and understanding the business goals.
IT Position ID: 11239
About Foot Locker
Foot Locker is an athletic shoes and apparel retailer.