Bank Of New York Mellon Corporation
Architect, Appl Development->> Designs technical infrastructure for applications. Translates user requirements to process data needs. Designs application technical infrastructure such as specific databases, programming languages, utilities, testing approach, and tools. Participates in the evaluation and implementation of vendor application software and tools. Provides broad understanding of platforms and applications across all technologies by consulting with the project teams and assisting the groups in their technical training needs. Constructs program flow charts to describe the processing of data and development of precise steps and processing logic across all platforms. Converts specifications about business problems into sequence of detailed programming instructions to solve business problems through automation support. Advocates for change to provide innovative, creating technology solutions as appropriate to meet client needs. Helps resolve system problems affecting primary applications or across multiple platforms using the appropriate debugging tools and techniques such as probes, animators, traces, sniffers and dumps. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives
We are looking for a passionate, energetic and highly creative UX designer to lead the design of easy-to-use, intuitive and enjoyable experiences for our flagship platforms used by thousands of financial professionals and end-investors. You will have the opportunity to shape the future of both web-based and mobile applications. You will partner with our product management team and users to conceptualize and bring to life product ideas. The position offers the opportunity to practice all aspect of user-centered design including user research.
* Partners with business analysts and product managers to translate business and user requirements into successful UX design solutions throughout the product lifecycle
* Plan and execute research with a variety of stakeholders (customers, users, internal experts) to define project needs. Sessions may be conducted in person or remote. Research types include usability testing, surveys, contextual inquiries, and heuristic evaluations.
* Designs collaborative Design Thinking style workshops for stakeholders and clients that support project goals
* Presents and may review documentation of research findings with product and development teams.
* Designs innovative product concepts to illustrate the design direction of large, highly visible projects and initiatives
* Works on different project timelines, from short near-term responsive needs to long-term strategic projects
* Creates storyboards, information architecture, wireframes, detailed user interface designs, interactive prototypes and user interface specifications
* Functions as a user advocate throughout the design process
* Creates, maintains, follows and extends user experience guidelines and standards
* Experience working on Business-to-Business (B2B) or Enterprise products
* Strong Information Architecture and Interaction Design skills
* Promotes the User Experience team and Design Thinking process to internal stakeholders and clients; assists in the development of internal resources, presentations and workshops
* Manages multiple research projects / teams simultaneously, creates project plans and documents the process and deliverables
* Collaborates with visual designers to help produce visually appealing user interfaces
* Experience with all aspects of user-centered design techniques, including user research methodologies such as contextual inquiries, user interviews, user surveys and usability testing
* Experience with UX methodologies such as Design Thinking and Service Design
* Passion for doing what's best for the end-user through UI design and attention to detail
* Ability to demonstrate product concepts through design and translate such concepts into detailed user interfaces and prototypes
* Expert knowledge of wire-framing and prototyping tools such as InVision (preferred), Axure, and Balsamiq
* Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications
* Very good understanding of web and mobile technologies
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to create well-designed, informative presentations
* Ability to work independently with little oversight; can lead junior UX team members on projects
* 5-10 years of experience in conducting user studies and designing digital products and platforms.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 8-10 years of experience in systems architecture, analysis and applications program development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45007
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Private Wealth Mgmt Technology-HR13730
Requisition Number: 1902442
About Bank Of New York Mellon Corporation
The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (also known as BNY Mellon) is an investment company that provides investment management, investment services, and wealth management.
Bank Of New York Mellon Corporation