A career in our New Technologies practice, within Application and Emerging Technology services, will provide you with a unique opportunity to help our clients identify and prioritise emerging technologies that can help solve their business problems. We help clients design approaches to integrate new technologies, skills, and processes so they can drive business results and innovation. Our team helps organisations to embrace emerging technologies to remain competitive and improve their business by solving complex questions. Our team focuses on identifying and prioritising emerging technologies, breaking into new markets, and preparing clients to get the most out of their emerging technology investments.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
* Train and lead staff
* Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
* Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
* Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
* Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
* Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
* Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Computer and Information Science, Engineering
Minimum Years of Experience:
3 year(s) in software development with at last 1 year leading developers in the delivery of software products.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in modern software engineering approaches, technologies, and tools, including the following areas:
* Cloud-ready architectures utilizing infrastructure and platform cloud services for AWS, GCP, or Azure;
* Event-driven and microservices architectures;
* Big Data or Analytics or AI tools;
* DevOps including virtualization, automation, continuous integration;
* Mobile/Web architecture stacks;
* Polyglot Persistence including RDBMS/NoSQL data stores and appropriate use cases;
* Rapid-prototyping workflows and development tools;
* Frameworks/Libraries such as Angular, React, D3;
* Database including noSQL (mongo, neo4j, firebase), relational (mySQL, postgres);
* Configuration Management such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform;
* Messaging such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, Redis, GraphQL; and,
* Containers including Docker, Kubernetes.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in technical lead roles involving the following areas:
* Communicating, verbally and written, with both business and technical stakeholders to achieve product engineering objectives;
* Working across all aspects of a technology solution such as integration, data, services, front-end, back-end, network, deployment, scaling, security, performance and development;
* Managing rapid prototyping efforts with new and emerging technologies leveraging agile development techniques;
* Contributing to design of successful technical/integration architectures for large scale platforms with a mix of 3rd party vendor, open-source, custom software, including the documentation of technical assumptions and decisions;
* Contributing to and managing incubators/innovation lab environments, as well as working with small teams across a variety of new and emerging technologies;
* Working in an environment that leverages project management skills such as planning and tracking, issue and risk management, multitasking, team organization, and activity prioritization; and,
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
About PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers)
PricewaterhouseCoopers offers auditing, accounting, and assurance services.