At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers' expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers' financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Regulatory Technology team is looking for a senior Application System Engineer to join the team. Regulatory Technology team responsible for Regulatory Compliance of Capital Markets Pre-Trade and Post-Trade obligations for the product of OTC derivatives, listed derivatives, Fixed Income and Equity Cash. The regulations covered include Dodd-Frank US/Canadian regulations, European regulations such as MiFID/MIFIR and EMIR and Asia regulations such as HKMA. The team expanding to support Wells Fargo's current and future regulatory obligations that could include SEC, SFTR, Brexit related changes, etc.
This role is required to design and develop regulatory platform components supporting various regulatory requirements and requires very strong technical knowledge of Java and a solid foundation of server design methodologies. Must be able to write highly functional and performant code in a structured manner. Successful applicant will help enhance, build and deliver application frameworks and specific functionality around Regulatory Technology.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Design, develop and support Regulatory platform capabilities, functions and processes * Assisting all technology partners/developers to use the agreed technology/tools and intefaces to ensure smooth integration, security & ensure platform availability & reliability across DEV, SIT, UAT and Production * Work closely with the business analysts to review requirements to ensure appropriate level of detail is provide to the tech team * Establish and document best practices around design, development and deployment. * Create relevant SDLC documentation/deliverables as part of standard project implementations (architecture & design documents, deployment diagrams, source code, scripts, any necessary documentation, etc.) * Work with cross functional teams (Application Development, Business Users, IT security, Middleware/Platform, Datapower, MQ, and Coherence) to evaluate solution & implement high visibility business & technology initiatives. * Evaluate solutions, review system architecture, design and toolsets to achieve project objectives including usability, performance, reliability, monitoring, control, and security requirements. * Proactively collaborate with the managers to identify key solutions for regulatory obligations, risks, risk mitigations and review technical deliverables during the entire project life cycle.
* 7+ years of application development and implementation experience * 10+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience * 10 + years of computer application development experience * 2+ years of capital markets experience * 2+ years of compliance and regulatory systems experience * 8 + years of Core Java experience * 5 + years of Core Java experience * 3+ years of Spring experience * 3+ years of Hibernate experience * 5+ years of relational database experience * 2+ years of Oracle Coherence development or implementation experience * 5+ years of UNIX experience * 5+ years of Linux experience * 5+ years of SQL experience * 5+ years of Object Oriented Design (OOD) experience * 3+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services * 2+ years of JMS (Java Message Service) experience * A BS/BA degree or higher
* Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills * Knowledge and understanding of application design and development in a client server architecture * Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
Candidates should have and be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
* 3+ years of regulatory reporting experience with
o Regulations like Dodd Frank, CFTC, MIFID I and II, HKMA, ESMA/EMIR
o Listed and OTC derivative and cash products across asset classes
o Working with GTRs like DTCC, ICE, ARM/APAs like UnaVista, TRADEcho
* Hands on application architecture, design & development experience to include technical expertise in:
o Java, J2EE, Spring Framework and Hibernate,
o Integration with Messaging middleware like MQ, Solace, JMS
o Relational Databases SQL server and Sybase
o Caching Technologies like Coherence
o Micro Services design and development
o CI/CD processes and techniques
* Hands on design and development experience on:
o Integrating with FO/MO systems to capture trade data
o High performance and reliable processing of trade data for regulatory reporting
o Integration with GTRs for reporting with stringent regulatory reporting timing SLAs
* Ability to understand business problems and articulate a corresponding solution
NJ-New Brunswick: Albany Street Plaza - New Brunswick, NJ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo is a banking and financial services holding company.