* Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving * Other Location: United States,Florida,Jacksonville * Education: Bachelor's Degree * Job Function: Technology * Schedule: Full-time * Shift: Day Job * Employee Status: Regular * Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time * Job ID: 19027634
Brief Description of the Organization
Citi's Global Consumer Bank (GCB) is building a purpose-driven team to serve its globally diverse, digitally forward customers in top cities around the world. Citi is looking for exceptional candidates who think digitally and differently, resolve problems in unconventional ways and strive to provide a remarkable experience for our clients. We define success by our Citi Leadership Standards: Develops our People, Drives Value for Clients, Works as a Partner, Champions Progress, Lives our Values and Delivers Results.
Citi's Global Consumer Technology (GCT) organization serves the GCB global suite of products providing a full range of innovative and comprehensive set of services. Our businesses also offer industry-leading advanced technology, a strong worldwide presence and a powerful global franchise.
Overview of the Role
Application engineering leadership role responsible for the technical delivery of application development projects including people management for franchise-critical servicing applications.Responsible for overall technical vision, capabilities, and roadmap of the Retail Bank Account Onboarding applications. This leader is also responsible to work directly with the business and internal technology stakeholders to shape strategy from a technical standpoint and drive cross-functional delivery of that vision.
This role builds and lead teams of engineers who are responsible for the development of Retail Bank Account Onboarding services which span multiple retail business teams, including retail bank customer servicing, branch servicing, and automated telephony. The Retail Bank Account Onboarding group manager will be accountable for constructing and executing the SDLC roadmap moving from traditional waterfall processes into a pure agile delivery methodology.
This is both a technical and people management leadership role and the desired candidate will be technically proficient in supported technologies and be able to perform the work where needed. Candidates must have excellent platform instincts and communication skills coupled with a passion for business, technology while delivering a world-class customer experience. Candidates will have a demonstrated track record managing all aspects of a successful software platform throughout its lifecycle. Candidates should have strong data-driven analytical skills and be able to operate and thrive with partial information and ambiguity and have a track record of building successful teams.
Ideal candidates will have an expansive background in application development with at least 10 years demonstrated work experience, great analytical skills, strong business judgment, superb communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to resolve conflicts and set priorities, and outstanding customer insight.
Objectives of the Role
* Manage all aspects of technical delivery of software services
* Provide technical solutions
* Manage financials related to programs and applications
* Manage resources and related capacity/demand
* Manage production support escalations
* Partner continuously with business and technical partners to deliver and mature the application roadmap
* Evolve, champion, and enforce Agile operating principles and processes
* Create strong operational processes
* Maintain system hygiene and adhere to compliance/regulatory processes
* Develop strong, trust-based relationships with critical internal and external partners and challenge them to continuously improve
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* 10+ years of hands-on application development work experience, including management experience
* Experience shaping technical products or services
* Demonstrated ability to define, prioritize and deliver best in class software service products
* Capacity to develop, and maintain comprehensive set of technical plans
* Ability to succeed in a cross-matrixed organization that relies on building support in other groups
* Strong understanding of financials - budgeting, forecasting, invoicing, accounting
* Capacity to adapt to shifting goals and activities while managing multiple activities in parallel
* Ability to define goals and strategies with minimal management oversight
* Willingness to take calculated risks to further progress without being reckless
* Proven leadership, including the ability to inspire passion in others
* Strong analytical and quantitative skills to drive solid, demonstrable, repeatable results
* Commitment to working on-site and taking an active role as a leader at the site
* Demonstrated technology proficiency in: * Agile/Scrum development methods
* Current technologies including: Java/J2EE, Cloud/IaaS/PaaS, SOA/Micro Services