Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of robotics and autonomous system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout team.
We've been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system - Amazon Scout - designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace. We developed Amazon Scout at our research and development lab in Seattle, ensuring the devices can safely and efficiently navigate around pets, pedestrians and anything else in their path.
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout
As an Applied Scientist for the navigation and behavior team, you have the chance to help develop cutting-edge robotic technology by combining navigation, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. In this job you will:
* Collaborate closely with software engineers, applied researchers and hardware teams to develop planning systems for robots.
* Take responsibility for technical problem solving, including creatively meeting product objectives and developing best practices.
* Interact with teammates in variety of roles to accomplish your goals.
* Identify and initiate investigations of new technologies, prototype and test solutions for product features, and design and validate designs that deliver an exceptional user experience.
* Recruit, hire and develop other applied scientists.
You are a person with a commitment to teamwork, who enjoys working on complex systems, is customer-centric, and thrives on the challenge of prototyping new systems that will eventually operate at Amazon scale.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.