Not many teams aspire to zero. Welcome to the Worldwide Returns & ReCommerce team (WWR&R) at Amazon.com.
WW R&R is an agile, innovative organization dedicated to 'making zero happen' to benefit our customers, our company, and the environment. Our goal is to achieve the three zeroes: zero cost of returns, zero waste, and zero defects. We do this by developing groundbreaking products and driving unparalleled operational excellence to help customers keep what they buy, recover returned and damaged product value, keep thousands of tons of waste from landfills, and create the best customer returns experience in the world. We have an eye to the future - we create long-term value at Amazon by focusing not just on the bottom line, but on the planet. We are building the most sustainable re-use channel we can by driving multiple aspects of the Circular Economy for Amazon - returns, recommerce, and rentals.
Amazon WW R&R is comprised of business, product, operational, program, software engineering and data teams that manage the life of a returned or damaged product from a customer to the warehouse and on to its next best use. Our work is broad and deep: we train machine learning models to automate routing and find signals to optimize re-use; we invent new channels to give products a second life; we develop world-class product support to help customers love what they buy; we pilot smarter product evaluations; we work from the customer backward to find ways to make the return experience remarkably delightful and easy; and we do it all while scrutinizing our business with laser focus.
In this role, you would
* Use machine learning and analytical techniques to create scalable solutions for business problems.
* Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of historical business data to help automate and optimize key processes.
* Design, development, and evaluation of highly innovative models for predictive learning.
* Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation, and model implementation.
* Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches.
* Work closely with data & software engineering teams to build model implementations and integrate successful models and algorithms in production systems at very large scale.
We are a group that has fun at work while driving incredible customer, business, and environmental impact. We are backed by a strong leadership group dedicated to operational excellence that empowers a reasonable work-life balance. As an established, experienced team, we offer the scope and support needed for substantial career growth.
Amazon is earth's most customer-centric company and through WW R&R, the earth is our customer too. Come join us and innovate with the Amazon Worldwide Returns & ReCommerce team!
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.