Amazon is seeking an exceptional Applied Scientist to join the Media Shopping Experience Team. The person in this position will play a key role in uncovering deep insights about how our customers interact in the marketplace, and make data driven recommendations about our next generation of products.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys working with large transactional volumes and big data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex and often unstructured business problems (typically defined in real time), and above all else, is passionate about data and analytics. In this role you will be a part of a team of software developers, data engineers, and data scientists to solve business problems that impact Amazon's flagship categories.
An ideal candidate will be someone with sound technical background in data analytics, has solid business acumen, and a strong automation thought process. The successful candidate will be at ease performing a wide range of data analyses - from writing advanced SQL scripts for data aggregation to building ML based predictive algorithms. The candidate will be a self-starter who can start with a business problem and work backwards to conceive and implement the best possible solution. The candidate will also be expected to be proactive in challenging the current methods and models, explore and recommend efficient solutions. The successful candidate will also be a great communicator who can crisply communicate his/her technical analysis in non-technical terms to senior management and business owners. The candidate will also need to be a great collaborator who can work with internal and external teams to define and implement solutions that would yield cross-functional benefits across Amazon. The ideal candidate will also be able to explore new technologies, demonstrate a high sense of ownership, obsessed with customer satisfaction, and 'gets-it-done' in business time. Above all, the candidate will be passionate about leveraging data to deliver actionable insight that impacts daily business decisions and facilitate in building our next generation of product features that enhances our customers' experience. The candidate will also work on building large scale predictive models to maintain trust among Amazon shoppers.
The primary responsibilities of this role are to:
* Use machine learning and analytical techniques to create scalable solutions for business problems.
* Manage end-to-end processes for model development and production.
* Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of historical data to help automate and optimize key processes.
* Design, development and evaluation of highly innovative models for predictive learning, content ranking, and anomaly detection.
* Work closely with software engineering and data engineering teams to drive real-time model implementations and new feature creations
* Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation, and model implementation.
* Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.