Interested in driving thought leadership on efficient items assortment? We're doing science to drive the selection economics of Amazon Grocery business. At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. We are looking for a Applied Scientist who will work closely with other applied scientists, machine learning experts, and economists to design and run experiments, research new algorithms, and find new ways to improve Grocery Selection to optimize the Customer experience. This position requires the ability to dive deep in large amounts of data, have a great business sense, and the desire to influence key strategic decisions with data-modelled analysis. Working within engineering and product teams and collaborating with key business stakeholders across the company, you will have the opportunity to design and implement features to enhance the experience of Amazon customer, and internal teams. We offer a technologically-sophisticated, customer-focused, data-driven and friendly work environment. Research Scientists at Amazon work directly with diverse scientific teams including Computer Engineers, Data Engineers and other scientists.
In this role, You will analyze and process large amounts of data, develop new sophisticated algorithms and improve existing approaches based on statistical models, machine learning algorithms to generate selection assortments based on distributions of confidences. As a Applied Scientist in the Grocery selection group you will partner with Software development and Data Engineers on the Grocery Selection team to enhance system tools and business process capabilities. The key responsibilities include
* Understand drivers, impacts, and key influences on Selection dynamics.
* Design and develop complex mathematical, simulation and optimization models and apply them to define strategic and tactical needs and drive the appropriate business and technical solutions
* Build a simulation based optimization platform to drive long-term decision making processes
* Prototype these models by using modeling languages such as R, MATLAB, Mosel or in software languages such as Python. Work with software engineering teams to drive scalable, real-time implementations
* Automate feedback loops for algorithms in production.
* Collaborate closely with the Supply Chain, Selection and Inventory functional teams to dive deep into hard selection problems and develop insightful solutions that enable productivity gains.
* Define solutions for problems across Selections and Supply Chain based on guidance from the Grocery Product Managers.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.