Search Knowledge is part of Amazon Search - the engine that powers the Amazon.com website and responds to billions of queries per day, searching through terabytes of data in milliseconds. We design, build, and deploy high performance, fault-tolerant distributed search systems used by millions of Amazon customers every day.
The broad areas of machine learning we work in are semantic search, NLP, knowledge graphs, and information extraction. We plan to start work in joint text-image/video models. The focus is to deploy models into products, but we also set aside time to write papers. Our group has a significant number of engineers to support applied scientists' work. We are part of Amazon Search, our products are directly visible on the amazon.com search results page for millions of customers.
The mission of the Search Knowledge team is to help Amazon customers by enabling and enhancing their product research, product discover and post-purchase support. We build customer experiences powered by a Knowledge Base - a collection of knowledge about products, how they are related to each other and to the rest of the world. Our machine-learning systems help acquire and systematize that knowledge from Amazon-internal and from external sources, and match the knowledge to the right customer queries. Our engineering systems store and retrieve that knowledge efficiently and at scale, and present it to millions of customers daily.
As a senior applied scientist, you will invent, build and deploy state of the art machine-learning models and systems to enable and enhance the team's mission. You will develop a long-term scientific agenda, initiate and lead scientific projects and mentor applied scientists. You will present your work to product and engineering teams at Amazon, publish scientific papers and apply for patents for your inventions.
Come join our team in Boston, international center of higher education, the home of MIT and Harvard, famous technological hub, and world leader in innovation.
* Advance exploratory research projects in machine learning and related fields to create highly innovative customer experiences;
* Analyze large amounts of data to discover patterns, find opportunities, and develop highly innovative, scalable algorithms to seize these opportunities;
* Validate models via statistically rigorous experiments across millions of customers;
* Work closely with software engineering teams to build scalable prototypes for testing, and integrate successful models and algorithms in production systems at very large scale;
* Technically lead and mentor scientists.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.