Digital thieves are getting sophisticated and harder to detect and our customers are looking up to us to protect their accounts, subscriptions, data and services from attacks - both in their own environments and in Microsoft's cloud environments. Our team is focused on employing machine learning over data across a variety of first-party and third-party services to develop security detections that protect our customers, beyond measures like improving infrastructure security, Privileged Identity Management, multi-factor authentication, etc.
As an engineer in our team in Cloud+Enterprise Security division you are uniquely positioned to apply machine learning techniques to detect unseen patterns of suspicious behavior and develop algorithms to zero in on malicious activities. You will develop algorithms that will be applicable across multiple services and data sources, enabling us to build analytics at scale, and keeping up with constantly evolving threat landscape. Your detections will create a multiplier effect on security analyst's investigations, resulting in reducing their burden and increasing their effectiveness. Feedback form first-party and third-party customers is incorporated into our analytics to continuously improve their efficacy. We are leveraging a unique combination of security research and machine learning to develop the leading edge of enterprise security intelligence. Join us in shaping this exciting new generation of security analytics!
* 2+ years of educational or professional experience in applying machine learning and data mining techniques to real problems with copious amounts of data
* 3+ years of experience developing production quality software using best security practices, or penetration testing, or security analytics and investigation
* 1+ year with terabyte scale data processing/analysis (a.k.a big data)
* Algorithmic background and experience applying knowledge to solve real problems
* Excellent coding skills in C#/Java/Scala/Python and understanding of software design patterns
* Experience developing high-performance service-oriented solutions
* Ability to work independently to actively identify and drive solutions for evolving business problems
* PhD degree in Computer Science or similar quantifiable fields (ex. Statistics, Mathematics, Bioinformatics, etc)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Job Responsibilities include:
* Develop high-performance machine learning systems for detecting abnormality, intrusion, fraud, masquerading, etc.
* Deliver end to end solutions in production that analyze data that originates from users, services, or other automated systems
* Develop infrastructure as required to enable new experiences in enterprise security intelligence by deriving meaning from vast array of enterprise data about users and their activity
* Actively engage other teams across the company to identify security scenarios where machine learning/applied statistics can be used, and lead the development of solutions to these problems
* Act as an expert in the area of machine learning/statistics to serve the growing needs of C+E Security
* Provide technical leadership to other developers
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.