Ready to join an innovative team? If so, please read on...
The Business Transformation team is looking for a highly motivated Architect with excellent technical, design, communication and leadership skills. The ideal candidate is eager to usher in the next big thing in human-to-machine interfaces, the conversational user interface. We are looking for an Architect with a broad range of knowledge and skills to help design and build new a
In addition to understanding application architecture, applicants must have a solid understanding of the different physical devices underpinning our infrastructure and how they work together to provide a secure, stable and robust backbone for GEICO's applications. The candidate must be comfortable working with analysts, developers, other architects, and all levels of management across multiple teams to collaboratively to come up with creative solutions to complex problems.
* 7+ years designing and developing .NET applications
* 3+ years filling the role of an application architect
* Expert understanding of user interface technologies and patterns
* Experience working in Azure's cloud environment (Paas & Iaas)
* Expert understanding of software design patterns, architectural patterns and industry best practices
* Expert understanding of OO, SOA and Messaging Design Patterns
* Experience with JSON schemas, RAML and/or Swagger
* Expert with TFS, Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio and Visio
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience working on agile teams
* Understanding of sonar and code quality metrics
* Experience with Mulesoft's Mule ESB product or similar
Desired Additional Qualifications:
* Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) Engines
* Experience Developing Conversational User Interfaces
* Experience with Watson Conversation Services
* A basic understanding of Telecom, IVR and Speech-to-Text / Text-to-Speech (STT/TTS) Engines
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
* 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
* Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
* Tuition reimbursement
* Associate assistance program
* Flexible spending accounts
* Business casual dress
* Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
* Associate clubs and sports teams
* Volunteer opportunities
* GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.