Enterprise Applications Newark, CA
RMS is the world's leading provider of analytics and decision science solutions for the quantification and management of catastrophic risks throughout the world. RMS models and services are used by hundreds of insurance and reinsurance companies, hedge funds, corporations, and governments to assess a wide range of natural and man-made perils, from earthquakes and hurricanes to terrorism and disease pandemic.
The ideal candidate will utilize their strong functional business expertise and technical competencies to troubleshoot, resolve, and develop solutions regarding support tickets for the Salesforce Application. To accomplish this, they will partner and collaborate closely with users and cross-functional teams to understand their business processes in order to resolve the business issue. They will work within the Business Applications team under the supervision of the Senior Manager Financial Systems.
Key Accountabilities and Deliverables
* Provide user and application support and technical issue resolution via E-Mail, phone, and face-to-face interaction
* Assist in collaborating with business stakeholders to document processes and gather business requirements for development teams for new and existing business applications and processes.
* Provide user support through IT Helpdesk ticket system resolution and escalation
* Assist with maintenance regarding system configurations, procedures, and securities
* Assist in the management of Salesforce Support Tickets
Skills and Experience Required:
* Ability to interact with cross-functional personnel, field end-users, and management
* Excellent communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies
* Relies on experience, and judgment to perform the functions of the job
* Logical and analytical thinking with a problem-solving mentality
* Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls, and other electronic communications
* Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy
* Experience with providing administration of corporate CRM System (Salesforce).
* Minimum of 5+ years' experience supporting Sales and Financial SaaS applications including Salesforce, and an understanding of Oracle EBS, Hyperion, and other critical applications.
* Minimum of 2+ years' experience in project management methods and techniques and system development life cycles.
* Functional and technical experience and knowledge with Salesforce is required.
* Passionate self-starter who can juggle multiple projects -- delivering work products on target and on time within a fast-paced environment.
* Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools and automated scheduling software
* Keen understanding of the systems development and project management life-cycle processes involved with implementing IT solutions.
* Salesforce Administration Certification a plus
* Certificate or training in Project Management or Agile a plus
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS or a related discipline preferred
There's a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year and a 1% chance an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months. At RMS, we build the simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand portfolio risks due to catastrophes: natural catastrophes (hurricane, earthquake, flood), terrorism, pandemic, and changes in life expectancy.
We are one of the most exciting companies you've probably 'never' heard of unless you're one of our hundreds of clients in the (re)insurance, banking or hedge fund sector. We lead an industry we helped pioneer and ultimately our work makes a true impact on the world at large. How we understand and manage risk affects everybody and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events.
We are evolving our vision by delivering future solutions in the cloud, our cutting-edge risk management platform for the global risk market. Will create a holistic and integrated view across the enterprise with one platform for all models, all points of view, and all data. All will be run as equal partners.
RMS has 1,200 employees in 11 countries, including offices in Newark (CA-USA), Noida (India), London (UK), Hoboken (NJ-USA), and Zurich (Switzerland).
To find out more, visit www.rms.com or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn or @rmsjobs on Twitter.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
RMS is enrolled in E-Verify® and will be participating in E-Verify in addition to our Form I-9 process. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: RMS does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not responsible for the payment of placement fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to open positions, job aliases, or to our employees.