JP Morgan Chase
Applications Support Engineer
Req #: 190052916
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
DevOps / Site Reliability Engineering team member is responsible for technical support and reliability engineering of production applications and infrastructure. The team handles all support requests, incidents, issues, tickets and business continuity activities, to ensure flawless and quality delivery of services to end users. This is a critical role requiring a highly dedicated individual who can take ownership and provide technical solutions to various teams and internal/external stakeholders.
This role has the responsibility of handling day to day issues, working hand-in-hand with application development, infrastructure, business users and implementation teams. Additionally, this role has responsibility for automating and re-engineering manual tasks and also set the direction for support during major incident management or will escalate to senior management. This role is in 24/7/365 highly available, on-call environment.
This role is in a high-pressure environment and demands a dynamic individual with excellent communication, strong analytical skills, acumen and the ability to assimilate information quickly, with focus on Incident and problem management.
General Tasks & Responsibilities:
* Leading and guiding a team of support analysts regionally and partner with peers running regional teams.
* Manage SLAs with internal and external teams as well as 3rd party vendors.
* Handle day to day issues including daily health checks of applications and processes, working closely with End users, Development staff and Infrastructure teams, to prioritize and resolve tickets or provide work around.
* Monitor activities/processes of production to ensure timely and effective reporting, tracking, follow-up and communication of problems to internal and external clients, technical resources, and executives.
* Own incidents and problems and work to get to detailed root cause analysis and suggest workarounds and/or solutions for recurring issues.
* Implement continuous process improvement, including but not limited to, policy, procedures, and production monitoring.
* Help in identifying, coordinating, and implementing initiatives/projects and activities that create efficiencies and optimize technical processing
* Develop and maintain relationships with technical staff, end users and clients.
* Carefully evaluate alternative risks and solutions before taking action to provide timely resolution.
* Promote a collaborative Team environment that fosters creativity, innovation and high performance.
* Must be very detailed oriented and very organized.
* Must demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to the team, management and the customers.
* Communicates openly and effectively in a manner consistent with the audience.
* "Can do" attitude, which can identify problems, take ownership, and provide solutions.
* Possess fantastic trouble-shooting skills, are driven to help internal/external customers and have the ability to dive deep into a new product to learn it inside and out
* Demonstrate sound analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are not readily defined and/or conflict with available information, ability to reach sound decisions quickly.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering
* 3+ years of experience in Operations/Production support.
* 3+ years of experience in managing global application support teams.
* 3+ years experience in data analysis, PLSQL, and T-SQL, Oracle & MS SQL Server
* 3+ years experience in UNIX/Linux environment.
* 3+ years experience working with WebSphere MQ platform.
* 3+ years of experience working with Java applications.
* Knowledge of PowerShell is required.
* Experience working with scheduling tools like Autosys/Control-M is required.
* Strong technical knowledge, SDLC, and software development background is required.
* Experience working in financial services industry related to securities trading, settlements and custody is a requirement for this role.
* Advance understanding of networking, computer infrastructure, algorithms and operating systems is required to perform day to day duties.
* Experience in conducting and handling Resiliency Management activities such as DR, SR & HA tests is a must.
* Knowledge of monitoring tools like Geneos and Kibana is required.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Company, you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Company we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies around the world, we want to meet you.
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.