The Application Specialist will be part of a dynamic Applications Team within Leica Biosystems. This person will be directly involved with both pre and post sales activities for the North America Selling Unit. The Application Specialist will participate as a technical lead, advising customers by understanding their needs, laboratory workflow and implementing the optimal configuration of Aperio ePathology solutions.
* Deployment, implementation and training of Leica (Aperio) solutions for ePathology customers
* Install and conduct field Post Sale implementation support
* Participate in IT discussions with customer Information System departments
* Perform hardware/software demos and evaluations as part of Pre-Sales Support
* Perform investigation and complex troubleshooting to resolve customer issues
* Certified Trainer on Leica (Aperio) Software Applications
* Adhere to regulatory standards and compile necessary documentation in conjunction to working with BU and Customer on escalations.
* Prepare status reports to Applications Manager, including but not limited to competitive information, product issues, customer issues, target account lists, expense reports and calendar.
* B.A./ B.S.
Must possess valid drivers license
* Minimum of one to three years experience in life science and/or healthcare related field
* Superior verbal and written skills
* General IT knowledge
* Proficient in standard computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Desired Education, Experience, Skills
* M.S. or PhD Biological Sciences or related field
* Understanding of regulatory guidelines
* Understanding of medical technology
* Familiarity with Laboratory Information System or Laboratory Information Management System
* Training experience for individuals and small groups
* Knowledge of Pathology Laboratory workflow
* Ability to travel 75%
* Strongly self-directed and motivated with proven time management skills
* Solid organizational and prioritization skills with a passion for providing superior customer service
* Exhibits professionalism in customer interactions
* Demonstrated ability for problem solving
* Able to demonstrate 'out of the box' thinking
* Sales Team
* Technical Support
* Field Service Team
* Customer Service Team
* Product Management
Physical Demands & Working Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, stand, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, bend, talk and hear.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* This position will require heavy travel by car and flying in and out of airports with possible long wait times.
* While performing the duties of this job, most work is in an office environment setting. Lighting and temperature are adequate. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
* Chemicals and patient specimens may be present in the laboratory. It will be necessary to follow recommended as well as facility guidelines and when applicable wear appropriate PPE (Personal protective equipment). Closed toed shoes should be worn at all times in the laboratory setting.
* Due to the laboratory setting, instrumentation will be present that can present electrical hazards and may have moving parts.
* May be requested to work overtime and weekends for special program events.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department or unit. This job description may be changed at any time.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page-Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.