Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We're committed to building a better future - from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us - change the world, love your job!
About the job
Texas Instruments (TI) is out front and ready for the next big challenge. Our innovations are at the core of nearly every electronics product in use today. And it doesn't stop there. We're developing breakthrough technology to power the world's future innovations as well. TI is committed to building a better future - from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. Put your talent to work with us.
This is a great opportunity to work in a high growth area in battery management. We are searching for an applications engineer who is results-oriented. In this role, you'll drive battery charging technology discussions and help customers design battery charging management products with focus on evaluating new products, solving customer problems, generating product collateral, forming deep customer relationships, and growing revenue. You will have direct interface to the customer, providing technical guidance and support. Key responsibilities include:
* Technical support for design-in activities including schematic and layout review of customer applications, customer problems debugging by re-creating issues on evaluation boards or customer boards. Providing technical guidance, product recommendation, and solutions to customer issues.
* Participating in new product bench evaluation and datasheet review from an application perspective to ensure robustness of the product and the high quality of the datasheet. Designing EVM, internal evaluation boards, and TI reference design to support new product developments with associated collaterals including user guides and test procedures for successful launch of new products.
* Developing application notes, white paper, technical blogs and videos that explain the features, different use cases, implementation, and flexibility of our products, helping customers gain better understanding of unique features and value our products to scale our success on ti.com. Generating product collateral including hardware and software tools for easy adoption of TI solutions.
* Engaging with the marketing team to scale the application opportunities from the customer supporting activities. Working with system team to define features for the future product development.
* A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical and Computer Engineering or related areas with minimum 5 years of applications or systems experience
* Good understanding of analog circuitry, DC-DC converter topologies, and control theory
* Excellent lab skill with solid problem debugging ability
* Ability to use PCB CAD tools such as Altium
* Experience in applications of semiconductor power products
* Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Lab automation test setup and programming
* Experience with communication protocols such as I2C, SMBus
* Knowledge of design for EMI and thermal optimization
* Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
* Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
* Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
To be considered for this position, please apply.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments is a semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog integrated circuits and embedded processors.