For 40 years, National Instruments has worked with engineers and scientists to provide answers to the most challenging questions. NI systems accelerate productivity, innovation, and discovery through an open, software-defined platform. This approach helps engineers develop and increase the performance of automated test and automated measurement systems.
Historically, National Instruments has been a top 100 employer of choice as ranked by several different sources, naming NI one of the top corporate citizens and best places to work. Maybe it is our fantastic work/life balance, or the Employee Stock Purchase Program and grants, or matching 401K, or picturesque campus with ponds, hiking trails, beach volleyball courts, and collaborative meeting spaces. If you want to work on cool stuff at a cool company, you're in the right place! Here's a snippet of some of our core industry leadership.
Watch Video: NI - A Great Place to Work
* Semiconductor - NI semiconductor test customers report 10X improvement in test times while maintaining measurement and performance requirements.
* Autonomous Automotive - As vehicles advance towards autonomous operation, test engineers face drastically increasing system complexity while dealing with ever present cost and time pressure.
* Aerospace & Defense - NI provides industry-leading performance and accuracy with best-in-class synchronization for large systems, so you can get to the right decision faster.
* 5G - Setting world records in spectral efficiency using MIMO
* Internet of Things (IoT) - With NI's technology providing unmatched capabilities in measurement, control, ruggedness, and connectivity, along with our expert ecosystem, you can realize the benefits of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) today.
More @: www.ni.com | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | YouTube
The Data Acquisition (DAQ), Control, and Real-Time Test Applications Engineering Team in the Americas Support organization has an immediate opening for an Applications Engineer. Applications Engineering is a highly collaborative role, working with business owners in Sales, the Business Units, Product Planning, Product R&D, and Marketing to drive account growth and proactively invest in new industries and applications. Applications Engineering is the ideal career for engineers who enjoy working with customers in a technical role while continuing to grow as technical and business leaders.
NI Applications Engineers spend most of their time:
* Consulting with customers as they collect, interpret and refine their technical requirements
* Supporting customers during specification and design of their hardware and software architectures
* Identifying and mitigating high risk items throughout the customer engagement process
* Collaborating with strategy and product owners to proactively invest in targeted application areas, focusing primarily on the Aerospace/Government/Defense, Transportation, and Portfolio Business Unit offerings
* Partnering with Sales on account strategies and planning to drive revenue growth
* Providing customer feedback to influencers throughout the company
An Applications Engineer maximizes the value of NI applications for focus industries. By collaborating with business owners across the company, this position enables customer success, customer loyalty, and revenue growth in the following areas:
* Measurement and Data Logging Applications
* Maintenance and Monitoring Applications
* Embedded Control and Monitoring Applications
* Automated Validation and Characterization
* Research/Prototyping Applications
Key Performance Objectives
* Learns common industry requirements and best practices related to focus application areas and applies that knowledge to help customers develop software-defined automated test and measurement applications with the NI hardware and software platforms.
* Collaborates with account managers and customers through the iterative process of requirements gathering and system design to ensure the NI platform is properly utilized and customer systems are enabled for success.
* Applies engineering best practices to assist in the design of the hardware and software architectures needed to satisfy customer requirements in a modular and scalable way.
* Establishes strong collaborative relationships with the technical support organization to ensure NI and its partners can deliver on promised value. Furthermore, establishes strong collaborative relationships with NI strategy owners to channel feedback and improvements back into the company.
* Learns account strategies and portfolio of NI offerings to achieve mutual account and NI success by collaborating with account teams to gain further insight on accounts plans and dynamics as well as by becoming knowledgeable of NI product, support, and service offerings to address challenges.
* Establishes strong ownership and accountability of customer success by playing a unifying role across local and remote support teams and with Sales. Applications engineers anticipate challenges, prioritize their activities, and drive challenges to resolution.
* Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or computer science-related subject
* Experience programming in a high-level programming language (e.g. C, C , Python, etc.)
* Experience with measurement or test applications
* Availability to travel up to 25% of time throughout the Americas region
* Experience with electronics, circuits, and computer hardware
* 2 years work experience in a customer-facing technical role or industry experience
* Software engineering skills
* Analytical and problem-solving skills
* Excels in a team-oriented and collaborative work environment
* Ability to manage own work flow and multiple projects while meeting deadlines
* Verbal and written communication skills to effectively influence the actions of internal stakeholders and manage relationships with external customers
* Interpersonal skills
* Business acumen
* Technical knowledge of NI's software and hardware platforms and systems