Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Applications Developer Lead - Advanced Commercial Banking System (ACBS)
Req #: 190021188
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Commercial Banking division uses technology driven by innovative minds like yours to provide companies, as well as real estate owners and investors with a range of financial solutions designed to help them achieve their business goals. With annual client revenues ranging from $20 million to over $2 billion, the service and the solutions we provide is critical to both our and our clients' success.
This role is for an application developer lead at JPMorgan Chase supporting the loan servicing platform used primarily for our Commercial Lending Products. As a member of Wholesale Loan Technology, you will join a high performing; self-managing team of passionate and experienced developers working to deliver required or requested application functionality. You will be architecting, designing and implementing the emerging architecture of the system; influencing team members in design discussions, developing end to end features, ensuring clean code in code review sessions, demoing features to our Product Owner and stakeholders, working with users and upstream downstream teams to manage dependencies, understanding and writing user stories/requirements.
You should bring strong communication and comprehension skills, strong design and development experience; including experience working in an Agile environment having a strong controls focus. You should be able to apply your experience to identify the right path forward, execute the next steps and get work done as an individual or collaborate effectively in a team and across teams. A successful individual will be a problem solver, bring in development efficiencies and improve the velocity of the team; adhering to the firm's cyber, risk, and regulatory policies.
Specifically the role requires you to:
* Collaborate with Technical, Business, and Operations partners to prioritize and deliver high priority items within evolving needs.
* Deliver required application functionality to resolve application technical backlog.
* Deliver planned projects and enhancements.
* Facilitate and contribute actively in code and design review sessions with feature teams.
* Maintain and improve resiliency and production stability.
* Support SOX, Audit (internal or external), and Risk Management and Controls to ensure any risks or issues are mitigated.
* Create and update technical documentation; including but not limited to design documents, requirements, peer code reviews, and release notes.
* Effectively communicate design concepts using UML diagrams, Collaboration Tools, etc.
* Provide technical support to resolve priority production issues as required.
* Mentor and develop team member's skills; identify and socialize good practices across multiple facets - code, processes, tools and behaviors.
* Provide Project Status and Milestones updates to Senior Management.
Technical Skills Requirements:
* Programming skills with expertise in PL/SQL, Visual Lansa, RPG IV, CL, DDS, ILE, sub-file processing and embedded SQL.
* iSeries system tools.
* Knowledge of AS400, CLP, SQL, XML, and MQ Message handling.
* Thorough knowledge of development tools for on-line and batch environments.
* DB2 and Oracle
* sFTP protocol and setup.
* Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) used during testing.
* Familiarity with Confluence and JIRA for Agile.
* Experience with HP Service Manager, Java, HTML or Websphere a plus.
* Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.
Other Skills Required:
* College degree preferred
* LANSA/RPG Programmer/Analyst programming experience.
* 5-10 years of related work experience.
* Experience in the finance industry a plus.
* Experience with Advanced Commercial Banking System (ACBS).
* Demonstrates a strong mindset around controls, stability, and security.
* Ability to analyze large volumes of data; including an ability to perform Technical analysis when problem solving.
* Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle including Waterfall methodology and an Agile delivery framework.
* Knowledgeable of basic Commercial Lending concepts.
* Adheres to strict change management protocol.
* Effective listener with good organization and documentation skills.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Must be self-motivated, self-learner, and have the ability to work as a team.
* Knowledge of general accounting principles is a plus.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Company, you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Company we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies around the world, we want to meet you.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.