Risk Placement Services, Inc. is one of the nation's largest specialty wholesale insurance brokerage firms. We work with top-rated carriers to design robust coverage for our clients. Our employees are fueled by a culture built around teamwork, creativity and responsiveness.
Specialties of RPS:
Wholesale Broker and Managing General Agent, Casualty, Property, Analytics, Healthcare, Workers Compensation, Transportation, Executive Lines, Technology & Cyber, Public Entity, Personal Lines.
The Applications Developer will be joining a growing development team as we build and maintain web portals, system integrations and other custom development for our business units. This person will design, code, test, debug and maintain a set of computer programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop web portals, system integrations and/or custom programs with high quality that meet specs and satisfy business objectives
* Accountable to your project team in meeting timeline, scope and budget expectations
* Unit test programs for technical and functional accuracy
* Work with users and other team members to troubleshoot production issues
* Participate and contribute to team/project meetings as needed
* Demo solutions to our business partners
* May participate in code review exercises
* Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related technical major
* Genuine passion for programming
* 3 or more years related experience
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
* 18 years of age or older.
* Willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
* Unrestricted work authorization to work in the U.S. For U.S. employment opportunities, Risk Placement Services, Inc. hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H, or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. RPS will require proof of work authorization.
* Willing to execute RPS' Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure.
RPS offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Risk Placement Services, Inc. is a division of Arthur J. Gallagher and believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, RPS will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.