Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Backend Senior Software Engineer
New job posting for DSS
Oracle Utilities software powers the utilities that serve millions of people around the world. Our software-as-a-service applications are providing customers self-service capabilities for all major aspects of client interaction with the services provided by utilities and applying cutting edge data analytics and behavioral insights to help customers understand and take control of their utility usage. We're looking to hire a backend software engineer to join our team in Pleasanton, CA.
About the team
The Digital Self Service (DSS) engineering team is building a new cloud-based web application for utility customers to manage their accounts: from start/stop service, bill pay, providing insights about usage and billing, and giving energy saving tips, Oracle Utilities' Digital Self Service is the one SaaS web application that a utility needs to serve its customers. The focus of this position is on defining, developing and maintaining the APIs that are used to intergrade (DSS) with CIS systems such as Oracle's CCB, C2M, and CCS. Good understanding of the principles and best practices for creating high performing, durable APIs is essential; as is experience building enterprise applications using SOA frameworks, SOAP, REST, and micro-services. We use agile practices, work in 1-3 week sprints, rely heavily on continuous integration, automated testing and best practices.
* Be the voice for use of best practices in the design and development of RESTful and SOAP based Web Services
* Design and develop RESTful, JSON-based APIs that are used to integrate our web application with legacy SOAP, XML-based CIS systems such as Oracle's CCB, C2M, and CCS
* Understand the details of Oracle's CCB, C2M, and CCS SOAP-based APIs
* You have deep experience with Java development
* You have built and maintained APIs; you know a good API from a bad one
* You're experienced with the backend of modern service-based web stack: Java RESTful API services, databases
* You've worked with SOAP Web Services used to build enterprise applications
* You want to own it. You embrace the challenges inherent in being fully responsible for an important part of the business (APIs and Web Services), from supporting your applications in production to continuously monitoring and evolving it, based on performance metrics
* You're agile (and not just in the buzzword sense). You know how to succeed in a fast paced, ever changing environment and wouldn't have it any other way
* You're equally motivated to learn from others and be a mentor to junior team members
* Experience designing APIs using Java.
* Experience building enterprise applications using SOAP and RESTful Web Services
* Experience with relational databases and data schema design. You are familiar with a relational database such as MySQL or Oracle and even have had to analyze a query plan or optimized your application's data store.
Nice to Have
* Worked as a developer or integrator of Utility Applications (e.g. Oracle CCB/C2M)
* Worked with a major CIS system e.g. Oracle's CCB/C2M/CCS
* Experience with Oracle Utility Application Framework (OUAF)
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.