Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will perform high-level design based on provided external specifications. Specify, design and implement minor changes to existing software architecture. Build highly complex enhancements and resolve complex bugs. Build and execute unit tests and unit plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering as necessary to discuss minor changes to product functionality and to ensure quality and consistency across specific products.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Java Application Developer - Cloud-Health Sciences Global Business
Candidates local to Burlington, MA
As a member of the Health Sciences Global Business Unit (HSGBU) development organization, you will design, develop enterprise software and implement major changes to existing software architecture. A successful candidate will be a strong team player who is able to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
* Architect, design, create and maintain the full stack (front end and back end) of customer facing cloud-based applications.
* Help create and review system and software requirements.
* Help foster good software engineering practices.
* Follow relevant company procedures and help create and maintain relevant documentation.
* Actively participate in all aspects of the software engineering process.
* Prepare test cases to perform verification and validation of software.
Other ideal skills include:
* Experience developing in Java
* Understanding of advanced relational database concepts, including physical and logical database design.
* Experience working on Cloud based solutions with modern cloud technologies
* Experience with Agile Methodologies
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.