The customer provides IT Web applications software full-life cycle design, development, deployment and O&M of application solutions within the sponsors Enterprise IT Directorate as a Franchised Mission supporting team. The candidate will provide application development Cloud Architecture and services specific to cloud hosting requirements at the SME level within the sponsors applications offerings. The candidate will maintain and build technical working relationships with customers positioning the team to innovate new approaches to service solutions. They will produce software prototypes to demonstrate application of design. They will monitor trends in system architecture and software development and engineering; design, develop, deploy and support software code as cloud solutions. They will provide architectural guidance by designing the project software and application solutions consistent with the strategic direction of the Sponsor and industry. The Application Architects will support O&M of approximately 35 active applications, configure and re-host legacy services off virtual servers making them cloud based services on a broader scale. The work requires advanced understanding of emerging cloud based technologies, industry trends and directions and relevant security requirements to follow courses of innovation. They will work closely with the sponsors project management office, group and directorate leadership officers to explain and pitch technology to audience understanding. The host team size is approximately 30 experts, most of which are Cloud technology trained, a supporting PMO, Technical Director, and lead staff manager. Collaboration with other franchised applications teams is common place and encouraged to leverage the best approaches and borrowing of expertise to meet significant mission challenges.
* Amazon Solutions Architect Certification
* Demonstrated on-the-job experience deploying applications using Amazon Web Services.
* Demonstrated on-the-job experience evaluating new technologies and communicating their benefits.
* Demonstrated on-the-job experience creating a DevOps environment.
* Demonstrated on-the-job Architected solutions experience solving complex, ETL, search, high availability and database hosting solutions.
* Demonstrated on-the-job experience with DevOps tools, similar to Jenkins, GitHub, Puppet.
* Demonstrated on-the-job experience assisting Application Developers and System Administrators achieve working solutions within the sponsor's cloud infrastructure.
* Demonstrated on-the-job experience creating AWS Cloud Formation templates to establish repeatable environments inside the sponsor's commercial cloud services.
* Demonstrated on-the-job experience with knowledge of the full software development life cycle.
* BS Degree in Computer Science.
* Demonstrated on-the-job experience designing search solutions (like Solr) within cloud based environments.
132285BR 132285 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with Poly - Current
Type Of Job
VA - Herndon
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.