Lennox International (LII) is a leading global provider of innovative climate control solutions for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVACR) markets.Beginning over a century ago, Lennox International has built a strong heritage of Innovation and Responsibility. Our position as an innovation leader continually inspires us to promote more efficient energy use and a healthier environment through our product operations. Our engaged and diverse workforce is committed to providing climate control solutions that provide the most value and comfort for our customers. We are proud to have instilled a shared sense of responsibility and commitment among our approximately 10,000 employees located throughout North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
An Applications Analyst is a position that partners with key stakeholders in Engineering to explore and implement solutions that are aligned to Lennox IT and Business Strategy. This role focuses on Engineering Applications such as PLM, CAD, integration between PLM and ERP, and various engineering simulation platforms. A background in Engineering Applications such as PTC Windchill, Siemens Teamcenter, 3D CAD, FEA, CFD, or CAE is a must have. An understanding of engineering processes such as Configuration Management, CAD Data Management, and Test Management is desirable. The aptitude and eagerness to tinker with trending technologies such as Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, mobile applications, etc. is a differentiator.
* Conducts workshops to map out business processes to identify challenges and gaps; articulates opportunities for improvements that impact time-to-market, cost reductions, or increased quality
* Defines business use cases that translate into technology needs
* Investigates technologies and conducts proof-of-concepts (POC) to meet the business needs; needs to be hands-on with the technology
* Develops business cases for proposed technology projects - define the problem, propose the solution, and explain the project business value
* Devises solutions to the articulated problem, including the solution architecture and how it fits into the larger enterprise
* Manages own projects - drives toward target dates, manages risks and issues, ensures projects are on-time and within budget; brings visibility to issues and bottlenecks
* Responsible for quality of the solutions through the SDLC process
* Oversees development of solutions by onshore or offshore resources; provides technical coaching and mentorship of resources
* Conducts project review meetings with the business stakeholders
* Drives the operationalization of the solution - the software is not the solution; the process enablement is the solution
Requires a bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires at least 5 years related experience.Requires extensive knowledge of a wide range of programming languages. Must be expert at testing and debugging procedures. Must be able to resolve complex mismatches between user requirements and current application functionality. Requires excellent written and verbal communication. Must be able to lead team projects.