Bank of Montreal
The Application Technical Lead is a technical subject matter expert. The Application Technical Lead is accountable for ensuring ongoing Information Technology (IT) health by creating and evolving the technical design to support current and foreseeable changes, due to new technical or business requirements; and to support reuse by other Lines of Business (LOB's) and/or channels. The Application Technical Lead shares expertise with project teams and identifies, analyzes, implements, and/or supports a design framework for building the technology which is consistent with Enterprise initiatives.
* Analyzes technical problems for senior management (e.g., Technology Relationship Managers, Senior Managers, Platform Development, Assessment Services Managers, Strategic Planning Managers, etc.) in order to identify the technical approach and solution options for the given problem; this includes collaborating with project/work teams to resolve technical road-blocks, performing solution proof-of-concept (POC), and examining third party product offerings
* Assesses the feasibility and technical risk of incorporating a given architecture or solution into the internal technology environment and communicates the findings to senior management and/or project/work teams to assist with decision-making regarding the applicability of the plans to Enterprise/Line of Business (LOB) strategies
* Provides design, development and support estimates to senior management and/or project teams that are used in determining business initiative feasibility and priorities, and/or used by Project Managers for project planning
* Reviews hardware/software design documents for new business/technical initiatives(e.g., Requirements Documents, System Design Documents, Solution Documents) received from other Technical Specialists, Business Technology Specialists, and Project Managers to ensure quality, completeness, and adherence to Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) or Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) documentation standards, as well as to determine the impact of the implied changes to the design framework and identify synergies between project initiatives to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the technology
* Provides technical expertise to senior management and project teams, including the areas of governance methodologies and processes, for purposes of ensuring the architecture and solutions are consistent with the design framework, Enterprise/industry standards, and the BMO strategic direction
* Defines custom architecture requirements around third party solutions to allow IT integration of these solutions into the technology environment to meet business requirements
* Partners with the Business Analyst (BA) and collaborates with other organizations (e.g., Infrastructure, Audit, and Information Security) to define and document the system non-functional requirements (e.g., Service Level Agreement [SLA] monitoring, audit controls, reporting, and security)
* Establishes and maintains deep technical knowledge of technology products and services. Serve as subject matter expert when assisting clients and internal teams by identifying, defining, and recommending technical modifications, enhancements, and/or new strategies necessary for continuing the success of the products/services
* Presents solutions to internal governance groups in order to gain approval for the design and communicates the outcomes of these presentations to the project teams to keep them updated on the governance process; Communicates status to internal teams and management
* Promotes cooperation, negotiation and communication among internal and external teams/roles and ensures needed strategies are bridged to the Line of Business products and services and that the client's end results are met
* Proactivity identifies stability issues or risks with application platforms and services to minimize downtime
* Supports production issues, including Independently completes root-cause analysis and diagnosis
* Evaluates new technologies for fit with the program/system/eco-system and the associated upstream and downstream impacts on process, data, risk (e.g., security).
* Works toward the objective of defect free software. Ensures that systems functionally meet requirements, aligns with architecture and promotes the development of common assets.
* Supports the resolution of production issues and problems. Makes recommendations to improve BMO processes & systems.
* Supports the management of specific project deliverables & outcomes, including managing small projects to completion, as required to deliver business objectives
* Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability at BMO, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across technology.
* Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Generally, 4-7 years of work experience in IT or business environment and/or BS/BA or MBA/MS in computer science, engineering, information systems, math or business
* Excellent problem solving, decision making skills, verbal and written communication skills; Must be detail-oriented and deadline-driven; Ability to quickly learn new systems, technology and methods; Must be able to communicate effectively with vendors, customers, peers, subordinates and management.
* Possesses solid knowledge of a significant segment of business partner business and/or industry standards related to Retail and Business Banking
* Experienced with implementing processes at an organizational level using Enterprise IT methodologies (e.g., CMMI, SDLC, Agile, ITIL, ITSM, etc.)
* Candidates should be familiar with these protocols, and technologies and tools:
* Java, C/C , C#, Python, Perl, .NET, IntelliJ IDEA, Angular, Springboot, Maven, GiT, TestNG, SOAP UI, POSTMAN, Bamboo,
* Database and SQL - SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB
* Window and Red Hat Operating system setup and configuration (e.g. Linux commands, scripting and use of the vi editor)
* OWASP (security and vulnerability concepts)
* Automated Testing Frameworks
* Familiarity with DevOps Best Practices and Common Tools (e.g., Jenkins, Bitbucket, JIRA, Anisble, etc.)
We're here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmoharriscareers.com.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
About Bank of Montreal
Bank of Montreal (BMO Financial Group, BMO) is a diversified financial services provider.