The Application Systems Analyst II will have the opportunity to support researchers, research administration, faculty, students, and staff in various disciplines on tasks such as high performance computing, data harvesting, data processing, data visualization and reporting, and/or application support and development.
Your clients will include research staff and Joslin faculty from a broad spectrum of academic backgrounds, research interests, methodological specialties, and technical backgrounds. As a Research Systems Analyst, you will provide friendly and capable support for diverse requests using research technology in the cloud and on-premises, and support the development and administration of our research ecosystem generally.
The Application Systems Analyst II will work with team members in IT while interfacing with Joslin principal investigators (PIs), core facilities staff and research labs personnel to help manage and execute various informatics projects aimed to implement, develop and/or integrate scientific research data management systems such as LIMS, ELN, biorepository management systems, core facilities data management systems, and others.
* Bachelor's degree in Science, Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience
* 3-5 years of relevant research support IT experience
* Minimum 3 years of demonstrated technical skills and experience with supporting scientific applications and systems in an academic medical center environment, pharma or biotech
* Demonstrated experience with research grants management systems, core facilities management systems, biobanking and other lab management processes, procedures and software (Cayuse ITWorks, InfoEd or similar vendor provided grant management solution, FreezerWorks, iLab, LIMS, ELN)
* Working knowledge of relational databases and Structured Query Language (SQL)
Joslin Diabetes Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.