Application Support - Technology Operations
Req #: 190052831
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
The Application Support individual will work on a broad array of critical issues including automation, Java script development, system integration, application monitoring, application configuration, execute code deployments, monitor production changes, schedule deployments, review implementation and back out plans and other Operation activities. Participate in status meetings and provide regular updates on project and releases, and production environment health checks. The individual will work closely with developers, project managers, network engineers and other stakeholders throughout the SDLC, executing production changes and reporting results, troubleshooting and coordinating production brakes.
Merchant Services has over 300,000 Clients, ranging from single location stores, through US-wide chains and all the way up to global ecommerce groups. Over 150 million transactions flow through this environment every day, with over $1.4 trillion processed in 2018.
Technology Operations monitors the health of the environment, performs code releases / change deployments, manages incidents in the event of issues and also provides a 24x7 hotline for external clients to call into if they see technology issues.
Key responsibilities shall include, but no be limited to:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities Change and Deployments and Monitoring
* Review and approve release change documents ( ITSMs)
* Fix application and data issues as they arise
* Execute Production deployments, including but not limited stop and start job, updating processing tables, run Control M Jobs, and write script.
* Monitor merchants applications traffic, IPs, and authorizations
* Weekend support requirement and will involve support on Sat / Sun as part of shift based coverage.
* Design, document and enforce escalation policies and procedures
* Provides activity, progress and status reports to management and keeps management posted of any critical issues
* Provides accurate problem identification, ticket documentation and customer/vendor dialogue
* Documents small-to medium-scale projects and delivers presentations with minimal supervision
* Research issues escalated from Operations internal alerts, Help Desks, Support Groups and other departments
* Troubleshoot/triage job failures and work closely with AD/Prod support/vendors to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
* Provide on-call, weekend, and ad-hoc support for Break/Fix requests or urgent defect and escalation, as well as special customer request
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Experience with Windows, Stratus, Jenkins, Bit bucket, MKS,UNIX , Lynx and JAVA
* Proficiency and working knowledge in development/scripting skills Python, Java, VSAM, NDM / FTP, Control-M
* 5+ years of overall professional experience in a large-scale, high availability, fast paced, distributed environment
* 2+ years' experience in a technical lead or support management role.
* 3+ years' experience with Tandem batch processing, including submitting jobs and validating data
* 2+ years knowledge of Mainframe and Tandem platforms
* Understanding of monitoring tools a plus.
* Knowledge of JIRA, SharePoint, and other task management tools/systems
* Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple, diverse projects simultaneously
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.