"We're not in the shipping business; we're in the information business" -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
* 17,000 trained professionals
* 300+ locations worldwide
* Fortune 500
* Globally unified systems
This position will be to work outside of core business hours. This position entails supporting and maintaining Expeditors' proprietary Legacy and Java Applications. This is accomplished by handling incoming helpdesk tickets, phone, and e-mail for our clients and 250+ worldwide branches.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
* Address incoming EDI support and Application Support questions across several Applications in a team environment.
* Troubleshoot various system issues: bugs, training and resource questions.
* Liaison between branch operations, development, product owners, and other internal IT teams.
* Analyze and develop dataflow process improvements.
* Document dataflow process improvements, new procedures, and troubleshooting methods.
* Provide education and cross-training within the support groups.
This position is full-time (40 hour work week Sunday - Thursday, 10:00 PM - 7:00 AM).
* Exceptional customer service
* Superior organization skills
* Ability to create instructional and technical documentation
* Problem solver
* Resolve problems creatively using technology
* Skilled in applying a variety of triage and analysis techniques
* Knowledge of Unix, scripting, SQL and programming languages
* Previous work experience
* Improve processes
* Degree or comparable work experience
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
* Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
* Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
* Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Successful candidates must pass a background check.
About Expeditors International
Expeditors (Expeditors International of Washington) is a logistics and freight forwarding company.