The Registrar Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Application Support Specialist to join our team.
The Application Support Specialist is part of a team responsible for daily management of UNT's degree audit application, uAchieve. The Application Support Specialist performs their daily tasks under the supervision of the Assistant Registrar for Academic Support.
This position requires knowledge and understanding of student records processing, academic policies and procedures, college curriculum process, research and software, ability to identify and address problems, competence to conduct both long-range and short-range planning, and ability and interest in working with computers. This position requires superior analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrated competence in use of logic. Must be detail oriented and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Works with the academic advising offices in the undergraduate schools and colleges to develop and maintain degree audit encoding.
* Encoding is the process of interpreting degree requirements and transfer articulation agreements, and translating that information into the degree audit system terminology, and then entering that information into degree audit system tables.
* Entering of information into degree audit system tables requires an understanding of the degree audit system processes and could be likened to learning a high-level programming language.
* Maintain and expand the transfer guides maintained on the UNT website.
* Work with academic advisors to address individual student issues within uAchieve and EIS.
* Provide technical assistance to the Registrar-Records, Registrar-Transfer Processing, and Admissions staff to resolve issues with student records.
* Provides regular training opportunities for UNT faculty and staff on degree audit usage and functionality.
* Works with the Assistant Registrar for Academic Support as directed on system upgrades and new projects associated with the degree audit system.
* Follows the proceedings of meetings of key committees (Undergraduate University Curriculum Committee), to ensure that all approved changes and modifications to UNT's academic requirements are maintained in the degree audit system, with particular emphasis on changes to the University's Undergraduate Core Curriculum.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.