Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
Application Support Engineer
Based out of the Home Office in Greenwood Village, the Application Support Engineer works under the direction of the Application Support Manager. The role will act as a subject matter expert in the escalated support of Red Robin's restaurant applications. The Application Support team is responsible for the monitoring of software and systems within the Red Robin restaurant technology environment.
This role will execute root cause analysis on identified and reported issues related to restaurant software and systems. This role will also work with other members of the Application Support team to develop and implement solutions based on the results of root cause analysis. This includes the building, testing and validation of automated deployment solutions.
The role is a very collaborative one as it will require interaction with cross-functional teams within IT around activities related to configuration, testing, implementation and overall stakeholder satisfaction. Additionally, this role is expected to mentor less experienced Tier 1 and Tier 2 team members in their understanding of Red Robin's Technology environment.
* Acts as subject matter expert in supporting and troubleshooting Red Robin's Technology environment
* Identifies, researches, diagnoses production problems such as defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies in systems functions, outputs, integrations, and content
* Applies a methodical and thoughtful approach to solving issues by collaborating with departments outside of IT (e.g. accounting), IT, and Red Robin's vendors.
* Works closely with Tier 1 and Tier 2 support teams to ensure appropriate documentation is available as it relates to new initiatives or enhancement releases of existing technologies
* Partners with DevOps and other teams within IT to provide support, guidance and knowledge where needed
* Creates and updates knowledge base articles and CMDB to reflect accurate information related to system functionality and troubleshooting
* Configures and recommends configuration changes to improve system stability and performance
* Works with all teams within IT to implement changes in various systems
* Seeks continuous education to understand technologies and troubleshooting approaches
* Provides hands-on installation and support for deployed solutions in accordance to the transition book requirements. (remote, phone and email)
* Point of technical escalation for Tier 2 support team and act as Tier 3 support to root cause ongoing issues within Red Robin's systems and software
* Assists with IT projects as needed
* Adheres to organizational ITIL and ITSM standards as appropriate to Red Robin's technology framework
* Ensures adherence to, and maturity of fundamental operations processes such as Incident and Problem Management
* Submits detailed records in a timely manner (time sheets, tickets, reports, etc).
* Attends and participates in regularly scheduled team meetings.
* Available for on-call and emergency response as needed.
* Identifies and escalates business and technical opportunities as appropriate.
* Maintains a high level of professionalism with business stakeholders, vendors and staff.
* Performs all responsibilities in alignment with the core values of Red Robin
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
* Experience in providing support for business applications
* 3 - 6 years of demonstrated proficiency working with troubleshooting and support of end users.
* Minimum of 3 years of restaurant related experience with at least 2 years' experience in application engineering or similar role
* Minimum of 2 years of experience with NCR Software & Systems including but not limited to CFC, CMC, Pulse, Insight, Aloha Online, Aloha Mobile, Aloha Takeout, NBO (supply chain)
* Experience with QSR KDS, OLO, Monkey Media, Sticky Media, Ziosk a plus
* Experience with the deployment and management of virtual machines a plus
* Experience with system administration a plus (Windows Server 2012/2016)
* Experience with PowerShell scripting
* Experience with Python scripting a plus
* Experience in ITIL implementation a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Deep understanding of Red Robin's technology environment which includes but is not limited to the following areas: Security, Data, Integrations, Restaurant and Enterprise Technologies, Payments, and e-Commerce
* Be able to work independently and in a team environment managing a range of situations involving business stakeholders, vendor partners and technical resources
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic and high-pressure environment
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent customer service skills
* Good interpersonal communication skills to work with the business on requirements
* Good analytical and troubleshooting skills as it relates to the interoperability of new and existing solutions
* General knowledge of Windows OS, Windows Command Line, Windows Services, Windows Tasks, Windows Event Log and the use of Batch files
* A general knowledge of information technology functions, processes, operations, configurations, application development, systems testing and design.
* Inherent curiosity to troubleshoot effectively
Red Robin is an Equal Opportunity & E-Verify Employer
About Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
Red Robin Gourmet Burgers and Brews is a chain of casual dining restaurants.