Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Application Support Analyst
Req #: 190027337
Location: Chicago, IL, US
Job Category: Technology
Working in Application Support means you'll use both creative and critical thinking skills to maintain application systems that are crucial to the daily operations of the firm. You'll work collaboratively in teams on a wide range of projects based on your primary area of focus: design or programming. While learning to fix application and data issues as they arise, you'll also gain exposure to software development, testing, deployment, maintenance and improvement, in addition to production lifecycle methodologies and risk guidelines. Finally, you'll have the opportunity to develop professionally -and to grow your career in any direction you choose.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Basic knowledge of application development
* Multi-disciplined technology skills encompassing some or all of the following: Unix (RedHat Linux) skills including Unix Shell Scripting - ksh, perl, bash etc, Database skills Oracle and SQL Server, Data warehousing and ETL concepts and Informatica knowledge, Exposure to Big Data concepts , HADOOP , HBase, Hive, HDFS, Pentaho, Cloudera
* MQ series, NDM, Geneos, Dynatrace, would be a plus
* Experience with setup and tuning of application monitoring tools (Dynatrace, Geneos, Tivoli, Splunk, or similar).
* Coding language experience, such as Python, Java, etc.
* Windows OS skills is required
* Exposure to Cloud based applications is required
* Understanding of the design and implementation of automated proactive monitoring and health checks
* ITIL Incident management life cycle skills and experience
* Knowledge of Java based application development a plus
* A strong understanding of incident, change and problem management, and how to apply them effectively.
* Experience of managing production support in a complex environment, preferably within financial services sector
* Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
* Ability to coordinate with multiple internal and external teams
* Initiative, self-motivation and a sense of urgency
* Ability to meet tight deadlines.
* Ability to develop consensus within a matrix-managed organizational climate of diverse operational activities
* Previous experience conducting root cause analysis, driving incident root cause and creating specific actions to prevent reoccurrence
* Demonstrated problem analysis skills, including data collection, analysis and interpretation
* Technology change analysis, proactively reviewing change for potential issues and identifying why changes fail
* Able to work with cross functional team of senior leadership including Global Technology Infrastructure, Application Development, Production Management, etc. driving organizational change and stability
Our Commercial Banking division uses technology driven by innovative minds like yours to provide companies, as well as real estate owners and investors with a range of financial solutions designed to help them achieve their business goals. With annual client revenues ranging from $20 million to over $2 billion, the service and the solutions we provide is critical to both our and our clients' success.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.