Société Générale Corporate & Investment Bank is a leading player with 12,000 professionals in over 40 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia-Pacific. SG CIB tailors solutions for issuers and investors by capitalizing on its worldwide expertise in investment banking, global finance, and global markets.
ITEC's role is to partner with the SG CIB's businesses in delivering IT services and solutions, ensuring high quality production services, and facilitating entry to new markets, compliance with regulatory needs, growth in business volumes, and operational efficiency improvements in our overall front to back processing environment.
Our Electronic Market Making dedicated support team is seeking a motivated team player with effective problem-solving and communication skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for understanding, extending, monitoring and troubleshooting a complex, proprietary trading platform.
The responsibilities of the Electronic Market Making dedicated support team include but are not limited to the following:
* Work closely with the Market Access support team and development to improve performance of the trading architecture;
* Operate, administer and extend a 700 live servers platform, built with state-of-the-art and low latency technologies, connected to more than 40 Trading Venues, and processing from 10 to 30 million orders per day and a vast amount of financial information in real time;
* Provide timely resolution of highly technical and specific user issues and requests;
* Monitor performance daily, fine-tune processes and manage capacity planning to be consistent with the low latency expectation;
* Generate performance reports to the business, understand their needs and perform analysis of the architecture to make it fit their requirements;
* Manage high performing in-house order routing, feed handlers, pre-trade checks and trade reporting services;
* Provide support to EMM traders and other performance sensitive desks;
* Work closely with exchanges/vendors to optimize our performance and keep in touch with industry news;
* Collaborate with worldwide ITEC departments, especially the EMM community.
Our ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience in the finance industry along with:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science or a related field
* Industry experience in electronic trading systems utilized in investment banking with a broad understanding of order flows, market data and market connectivity
* Proficiency with Unix/Linux system administration including troubleshooting techniques
* Scripting languages: Shell and Python are mandatory
* Knowledge in networking (TCP/IP, routing, multicast)
* Knowledge of big data stacks (Elasticsearch, Spark)
* Knowledge of Pandas framework
* Basic knowledge of SQL (simple queries)
* The ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
* The capacity to solve problems in a high pressure environment, prioritize critical tasks and learn on the fly
* Results oriented, highly flexible, team player
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, focus on key topics and messages
The following skills are strongly desired but not required
* Knowledge of machine learning frameworks
* Advance knowledge of Exchanges, trading and compliance rules
* ITIL awareness
* Windows: maintain jobs, check network or shared drives, analyze memory
* Corvil: basic configuration/data extraction
* ION: knowledge of the different components of the platform
About Societe Generale
Societe Generale attracts deposits and offers commercial, retail, investment, and private banking services.