To provide high quality operational and technical application and Middleware/OS support to Platts customers and internal business functions. Minimizing the adverse impact of Incidents and Problems on the business and preventing reoccurrence of Incidents, together with working on small-scale BAU projects and initiatives.
Key Role & Accountabilities:
* Be a proactive member of the TechOps Support team, providing follow-the-sun application and middleware/OS support. * Be active in the resolution of Major Incidents and the Problem Management Process * Contribute to the planning and deployment of application/infrastructure releases and configuration changes as per the Release Management process * Examine potential areas for Continual Service Improvement and raise proposals with TechOps management * Provide technical support * Provide input to application/infrastructure scalability * Interact with internal teams and external 3rd party vendors to trouble shoot and resolve complex problems * Collate metrics for reporting on key performance and quality indicators, particularly in terms of in-depth trend analysis * Maintain application monitoring, performance tuning and testing * Provide 2nd line Application Support on complex internally and externally developed applications * Act as a technical resource for internal and external projects * Follow appropriate departmental and company procedures and policies (i.e. change control, security and auditing, release, configuration, problem and incident management) as per industry standard ITIL processes * Maintain good working relationships with team members, internal departments as well as 3rd party vendors
Knowledge and Key Skills:
* Strong customer service and support focus with a desire to deliver a high quality service * Self-motivated and highly professional with ability to take responsibility and ownership of issues through to resolution * Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and to tight deadlines * A desire to learn and improve skills and knowledge * Fast learner, energetic and enthusiastic * Adaptable and flexible to business demands * Strong organizational and planning skills * Positive 'can-do' attitude * Team player
Functional Skills and Experiences
* Experience in a hands-on application support role * Extensive problem solving and debugging skills * Ability to independently apply production upgrades and support the products and technologies * Experience in providing services to agreed SLA's and OLA's * Experienced in Problem and Incident Management * Experience with working in an ITIL environment * Excellent interpersonal and communication skills * Flexible in working outside of core business hours at short-notice
Technical Skills and Experiences
* Experienced in RHELinux Server Administration * Experience with supporting multi-tier infrastructures * Experience with supporting Java applications and an understanding of web technology * Experience with Cloud Based services (ideally AWS) * Familiarity with server/application monitoring tools (Nagios/DataDog/AppDynamics) * Experience with Automation Engineering tools (Ansible/Puppet) an advantage * Knowledge of code repositories (e.g. SVN)and bug tracking software (e.g. Jira, VersionOne) * ITIL v3 Certification
Personal and Team Development 20%
* Share / spread knowledge with global team members as well as internal non-technology teams (Client Services, Editorial Operations) * Pro-active in maintaining and increasing your own technical knowledge
* Ensure incidents and problems are up-to-date * Ensure all technical and non-technical documentation is up-to-date * Contribute to management reports
Critical Success Factors
* Achieving high levels of user satisfaction * Demonstration of ownership of problems * Measured contribution towards the reduction of aged problems * Measured contribution towards maintaining a level of expectations with customers internally/externally for services provided * System availability meets agreed SLA * Incidents and problems are resolved within OLA and SLA * Delivering projects within agreed timeframes * Comply with departmental procedures and policies * Reduced count of Incidents Raised by Known Errors
Job ID :
Posted On :
Denver, CO US
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.