Application Security Solution Architect
Global Professional Services Firm
Location: Both Alpharetta and Secaucus. Although, they don't need to be in the office every day. We are running with Flex working arrangement. But has to be based on these two locations.
Long term Contract
Top 5 skillsets:
1. Cloud (Azure or AWS)
2. Software development Life Cycle, Pattern, frameworks
3. Agile, CI/CD
4. .NET C#, Java
5. Database: SQL
The Firm's Technology Sector:
Technology has always been at the heart of what we do and deliver. We need technology to keep an organization the size of ours working efficiently. We have 250,000 people in more than 140 countries, all of whom rely on secure technology to be able to do their job every single day. Everything from the laptops we use, to the ability to work remotely on our mobile devices and connecting our people and our clients, to enabling hundreds of internal tools and external solutions delivered to our clients. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and is key to us being more innovative as an organization.
The Firm's Technology Sector supports our technology needs through three business units:
* Client Technology (CT) - focuses on developing new technology services for our clients. It enables EY to identify new technology-based opportunities faster, and pursue those opportunities more rapidly.
* Enterprise Workplace Technology (EWT) ? EWT supports our Core Business Services functions and will deliver fit-for-purpose technology infrastructure at the cheapest possible cost for quality services. EWT will also support our internal technology needs by focusing on a better user experience.
* Information Security (Info Sec) - Info Sec prevents, detects, responds and mitigates cyber-risk, protecting the firm and client data, and our information management systems.
The role of the Application Solution Architect is designed to directly support the Solution Architecture Lead for Security Architecture within Information Security. This role will serve in an individual contributor capacity with strong collaboration with corresponding Domain Architect as well as other Security Architecture Solution Architects who span various security domains including:
Data Security, Endpoint/Server Security, Application/Platform Security, Network/Infrastructure Security, Security /Vulnerability Management and Cyber Defense. The Solution Architect will drive and deliver on the design, planning, and implementation of technologies as driven by Information Security and direction as defined by key stakeholders within the organization.
Your key responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include:
* Lead technology selection efforts from a technical perspective
* Frame and conduct various technology selection approaches including RFI/RFP/streamlined vendor
* Frame subsequent proof-of-concept and implementation activities
* Support ad-hoc architecture service requests for efforts such as research, architecture/use case modelling, and architecture assessments/reviews
* Lead and facilitate architecture presentations to project teams, working groups, design authorities, and leadership based upon need
* Architect and design solutions to meet functional and non-functional requirements
* Create and review architecture and solution design artifacts
* Evangelize re-use through implementation of shared assets
* Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
* Proactively provide guidance on engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices
* Guidance of engineering staff and reviews of as-built configurations during construction phase
* Provide insight and direction on roles and responsibilities required for solution operations
* Identify, communicate and mitigate Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Decisions throughout full lifecycle
Analytical/decision making responsibilities:
* Considers the art of the possible, compares various architectural options based on feasibility and impact, and proposes actionable plans
* Demonstrates strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills
* Ability to analyze and operate at various levels of abstraction
* Ability to balance what is strategically right with what is practically realistic
Individuals in this role must be well versed and educated in common application development and solution architecture practices, as well as possess general Information Technology knowledge. They must be able to leverage these experiences and education to identify opportunities to influence the speed and direction of a project effort and to hasten ultimate project delivery and implementation.
The role is primarily an individual contributor in a global Solution Architecture team; works with architecture leaders and peers, project managers, engineers, business analysts and business stakeholders to drive a project's progress and ensure success.
Although this role is an individual contributor role, it requires significant cross-teaming within the Information Security as well as greater Firm's Technology organization. The Firm's Technology organizational structure will challenge Solution Architects in their ability to drive and motivate others to help speed to market and delivery of projects, technologies, and services without a direct management line influence.
Skills and attributes for success
Individuals in this role must demonstrate an ability to think beyond standard constructs, in a creative, yet grounded fashion. This role requires a delivery-focused mindset and speed to market. This person must be willing to think broadly in terms of overall project approach and show great adaptability as customer ask or leadership direction shifts. Experience working with AGILE methodologies and with a nimble, agile mindset are a plus given the shifting nature and demands of Firm. Opportunities to collaborate and lean on others will be plentiful, but by the same token, the individual must possess the ability to quickly become near-subject-matter-experts in areas where he or she is less-familiar or experienced. This role requests significant dexterity due to the ever-changing world of technology and the dynamic nature of Firm and the Firm's Technology.
Understanding and value for the end customer is critical. This role requires experience in client-service relationships and an appreciation for the voice of the customer.
Individuals in this role must have significant experience presenting to and developing written collateral/artifacts for executive and leadership levels within an organization. Solution Architects are expected to possess exceptional communication skills and keen awareness and appreciation for his/her audience.
* Experience with configuration management and automation tools such as Ansible, DSC, Puppet, Chef, Salt, etc.
* Experience with relational, graph and/or unstructured data technologies such as SQL Server, Azure SQL, Azure Data Lake, HD Insights, Hadoop, Cloudera, MongoDB, MySQL, Neo4j, Cassandra
* Software development full lifecycle methodologies, patterns, frameworks, libraries and tools
* Knowledge of programming and scripting languages such as PowerShell, SQL, .NET C#, Java, Python, PHP, C++, etc.
* Experience in distilling complex technical challenges to actionable decisions for stakeholders and guiding project teams by building consensus and mediating compromises when necessary.
* Experience coordinating the intersection of complex system dependencies and interactions
* Experience in solution delivery using common methodologies especially SAFe Agile but also Waterfall, Iterative etc.
* Demonstrated knowledge of relevant industry trends and standards
Travel requirements: 10%
To qualify for the role you must have:
Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field of study or equivalency.
* Minimum of 10+ years overall IT industry experience
* Minimum of 3+ years in a solution architecture role using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms.
* Experience in architecting and designing technical solutions for Microsoft-centric solutions based on industry standards using Azure IaaS, PaaS and SaaS capabilities.
* Experience with any of the following: O365, Azure, Azure Stack, Azure AD
* Experience with claims based authentication (SAML/OAuth/OIDC), MFA, and RBAC
* Knowledge of cloud security controls including tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
* Experience building and supporting mission critical technology components with DR capabilities
* Experience with multi-tier system and service design and development for large enterprises
* Extensive, real-world experience designing technology components for enterprise solutions and defining solution architectures and reference architectures with a focus on cloud technologies
* Direct information security experience is highly favorable, but not required
While none of the below items are required, they are preferred:
* Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect, Azure Developer Associate
* Familiarity/experience with SABSA or TOGAF methodology
* SANS Certifications including: GSEC, ECSA, ECSP, Security+