"Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation's most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster."
Jacobs is currently seeking an Application Security Assessor/Penetration Tester to provide on-site support in Arlington VA.
Duties will include:
* Conduct network and web-based application penetration tests
* Conduct Web Services security testing, Database Penetration Testing
* Conduct physical security assessments
* Conduct logical security audits and hands-on technical security evaluations and implementations
* Develop subject matter expertise of focused capabilities in the topics of database security, wireless security, or application and development security
* Associate of Science degree in Information Technology, IT Security, Network Systems Technology or related field or equivalent experience plus four (4) to seven (7) years of directly related experience or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training and certifications.
* Familiarity with web proxy tools such as Burp, Paros, and Fiddler.
* Experience looking for security issues such as Cross Site Scripting, SQL Injection, Cookie Manipulation, Buffer Overflows, etc.
* Familiarity with penetration testing tools and tool suites such as Burp Suite Pro, Kali Linux, nmap, Metasploit, Nessus, tcpdump, wireshark, Nikto, etc.
* In depth familiarity with Windows and UNIX/Linux operating systems.
* In depth familiarity and experience performing web application security testing using OWASP methodology
* Working knowledge of TCP/IP ports and protocols.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Self-motivated and able to work in an independent manner.
* Must be able to obtain "Public Trust" level clearance. (SF-85 and SF-86 submission required).
* Familiarity with Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publications, and Open Source Security Testing Methodology Manual (OSSTMM)
* Database administration, device configuration hardening and compliance verification experience a plus.
* OSCP, CISSP, GIAC, GWAPT, GPEN, CEH, or CCNA certification a plus.
* Familiarity with scripting in UNIX shell, PERL, or Python a plus.
* Advanced degree in an IT related field a plus.
* Working knowledge of firewalls and other network security products.
* Knowledge of applied cryptographic protocols.
* Familiarity with XML, SOAP, and Ajax.
* Ability to conduct source code reviews.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers. Multiple tasks & duties will need to be accomplished without any single duty falling behind or becoming neglected. Must effectively communicate and be communicated with by other team members. Must be able to represent and speak to current group efforts at any given time.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs Engineering is a provider of technical, consulting, and scientific services for the government and private sector.