What you'll be doing...
Join our Application Security team where you will perform a multifunctional role supporting the development community to deliver applications with a strong security profile.
You will lead multiple cross-functional teams to enforce secure by design across the enterprise, balancing risk reduction and operational challenges. You will research the validity of application OSS vulnerability findings, assisting development teams by guiding them with OSS remediation and mitigation. You will have ownership for applications interaction, with minimal management interaction, when working with development teams to resolve application vulnerability issues.
You will perform independent research to introduce new potential standards as they pertain to existing and newly discovered application security vulnerabilities. You will also analyze and validate application CERT incidents as reported to an application by CERT team. If valid CERT incident, work with the compromised application to resolve incident by identifying vulnerability responsible for the CERT incident and guiding the application development team to remediate identified vulnerability.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Application Security experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Certifications: CISSP, CSSLP or willingness to obtain within 6 months of start date.
* Ability to investigate CERT advisories as they relate to applications.
* Working knowledge of PCI, HIPAA, SOX, GDPR etc.
* Working knowledge of application build environments such as Jenkins, Maven, ANT etc.
* Working knowledge of DevOps (CI/CD)
* Working knowledge of Secure Software Development Lifecycle.
* Ability to perform code reviews with minimal assistance.
* Knowledge of OWASP Top 10.
* Knowledge of Code remediation.
* OSS Library Vulnerability Analysis skills.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.