Enterprise Correspondence under general supervision, formulates and defines systems scope and objective through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of correspondence documents and the Thunderhead system. With this knowledge, the BSA I develops or modifies procedures to solve information systems software applications problems of low complexity. This includes analysis of business and user needs, documenting requirements, and revising existing system configuration logic difficulties as necessary under direction of experienced Business System Analysts. The BSA I is competent to consider most business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
* Gather customer requirements to provide innovative solutions and recommend system, product and process enhancements * Prepare documentation and specifications for system improvements, maintaining correspondence guideline consistencies amongst all documents and departments * Work closely with internal business units to design final correspondence versions, meeting both business and legal requirements * Partner with internal departments to ensure tasks are defined and documented with timely deliverables * Communicate with managers, internal business partners and external print vendor(s) regarding project status and production performance * Work closely with external print vendor(s) to facilitate project completion and support production file processing workflow * Perform other duties as assigned * Conform with all corporate policies and procedures
* Knowledge of business processes for supported business groups * Working knowledge of information systems and operations systems for supported business groups * Knowledge of GM Financials core business functions, policies and procedures
* Ability to interact with staff at all levels * Ability to meet expected delivery dates and the tasks necessary to achieve objectives * Deadline oriented * Good in the use of Microsoft Office software * Good people skills * Good writing and speaking skills
* High School Diploma or equivalent required * Bachelor's Degree in computer studies or related Business area preferred
* 0-2 years support experience in an IT environment or respective business area preferred
* Occasional overtime or split shifts may be required * Subject to stressful situations * some travel required * normal office environment * Fast-paced office environment * Strong focus on providing quality service to internal and external customers * Work additional hours based on production demands requiring mandatory overtime * Flexible schedule with possibility of working long hours